Chapter 14

Now, back on the ship, we celebrated properly, with rum. "Come on Angel, jus' a sip." Jack waved the bottle at me.

"I think you're just trying to get me drunk." I smiled, pushing it away.

"I think we both know I wouldn' have to do that Love."

"Eh heh heh." I cleared my throat before being able to reply, despite my deep blush that I hoped he couldn't see in the dark. "Says you."

He smiled and put the bottle in my hand." Jus' one sip. No one's ever go'en drunk off a sip."

"Not from where I'm from." I muttered, looking at the funny brown liquid. I was kind of curious as to what it tasted like. "One sip." I glared at him. I swished the contents before taking a swig and as soon as the amber liquid touched my tongue, I wanted to GAG. I couldn't even swallow it. Jack and the rest of the Pirates surrounding me laughed at my face and I had to hurry to the side of the ship to spit it out. It was so gross, burning my toungue and the lingering bit that remained in my mouth no matter how hard I swallowed, trailed down my esophogus and made my stomache roil.

"Tha' wasn't even a sip!" Jack laughed.

"I don't care." I shuddered, shoving the bottle into his chest. "You can't have tastebuds."

He laughed at me and took a gulp. "Love, your tastebuds ain't developed enough teh drink a man's drink.

"Baiting me isn't going to work. I don't care if I never have to see that nasty gunk again."

Jack laughed and grabbed my hand, leading me to where everyone was dancing and having a good time. "Time yeh learned a proper foxtrot." 

"My-"

"Your ankle is just fine you big baby." He smirked as everyone cleared away to do something else. "Just dance." He said, making me look at him.

"You know," I whispered as I looked into his chocolate brown eyes, "We still have to mend the bend." He spun me around before answering me.

"No' right now we don't." And so the night went in perfect bliss.

When I woke again, we were in the middle of another storm. Jack was looking at his compass, getting frustrated. Before I had time to say anything the glass windows in the cabin broke under the pressure of a ginormous wave, sending glass and wood everywhere. I yelped and covered myself with a blanket as Jack dived infront of his desk to avoid the worst of it. "Jack?" I called.

"Don't move!" He called back, running to me. "Are you hurt?" I shook my head no as he brushed hair away from my face. "Stay here Love. Don't need you falling overboard." I nodded, my eyes huge. He got up only to turn around again. "I mean it." I saluted him and then fell backwards against the pillows ans snuggled back under the blankets. I was not getting up.

As he left I thought about what would happen if I did manage to be swept out into the raging sea. I shivered at the thoughts. What would happen if I hit the waves? Would I go back to my time or would I simply drown? I was soaked by the time the storm finally calmed down and I was so cold I was sure I'd never get warm again. Jack barged into the cabin, the doors banging and he was pushed down the steps by another wave. I shreiked at the suddeness of it. I started to get out of the bed to help him. "Stay there!" He groaned, getting up himself. He came over to me and checked I was ok. He was soaked to the bone himself. His shirt clung tightly to him, no longer white but clear, and his pants looked black instead of their usual brown.

"Jack." I nearly cried in relief that he was ok. I couldn't help but hug him to me as he sat down.

"It's all right Love. Everythin's fine. Yer no' goin anywhere." He soothed.