Chatper 8

Halfway Done!

I woke to someone petting my hair. My pillow was moving up and down and up again. My fingers were twirled in something fluffy, furry. I untwirled my fingers and breathed deeply, bringing the scents of salt, musk, and.... alcohol, lots of alcohol.

I slowly opened my eyes and found I was on someone's chest. I thought about last night, wondering what happened, how I got here, because the last thing I remembered was talking to -JACK! With a jolt, I rolled over and landed on the floor with a yelp.

I landed on my right wrist, causing me to hiss as -surprise surprise- my wrist started bleeding again as part of the scab ripped open. "Shoot!" I put pressure on it with my other hand, not able to find any clean rags.

As I looked, someone grabbed my hands. I looked up to find Jack, looking concerned, and holding a whit strip of cloth. He wrapped it around my bleeding wrist and helped me back up. "Luv," He said gently, "Just look at the state of your wrists."

I blushed, his hands still held mine. "You- you can let me go now." I stuttered. I was frightfully close to him, closer than ever- despite the fact he somehow manages to sneak into the bed to sleep. The thought made me blush even more.

He smirked at me and slowly dropped my hands as someone knocked on the door. "Captain? We're ready to set sail."

"Hold that thought, I'll be right back Luv." He smirked again as he left.

I was so confused, I scratched my head, trying to figure things out. As we casted away, the lurch made me loose my balance and I fell back onto the bed. "Whoa!"

Jack came in to see my butt as I was picking myself back up. "Oh don't get up on my account, Luv."

"Oh please." I rolled my eyes as I turned to face him.

"If you insist." And suddenly he was ontop of me.

"What are you-" He placed a hand on my mouth and I growled at him.

"Oh dear, you are in quite a predicamen' Luv." Jack said conversationaly, still sitting on me.

I struggled a little and then acted like I gave up. He sat up a little and in the blink of an eye I wrapped my leg around his neck and flipped him off. "HA!-AH!" The next second he'd dragged me with him and then had me pinned again. I glared up at him.

"Back fer more eh?" He said, leaning forward, but I did it anyways, only this time, I rolled him off and I rolled on top of him to pin him down.

"You were saying?" I leaned forward and positioned my knee on the outside of his hip, but my leg was diagonal so that if he tried to flip me, his closest friends would be hurt terribly. I smiledas sweetly as I could at him. "I suggest you give up."

"Why is that?"

"Either way you move..." I put a little pressure on my leg.

"Ah, but the view is spectacular."

"Eat your heart out." I smirked so he couldn't really see my cleavage. This wasn't me! What was I doing?"

"Feisty." He said before flipping me at an angle where my leg was more of a lever he could use on me instead of the other way around. "You yeild?" He asked, pinning me down and laying on me so that he was a dead weight.

"Geez Jack, fat much?" I wheezed.

"Oi! That's not very nice."

"I never said I was." I tried to squirm, with no success. "I could scream."

"I wouldn't Luv, they might think of some other reason as to why yer screamin'." He wiggled his eyebrows to emphasis his point.

"Get off me!" I wiggled, "Yield! I yield, get off!" He jumped off and helped me up again. "Perverted freak."

"You interpreted it." He pointed out, making me freeze. I glared at him and stuck my tongue out at him childishly. "Don't start what you can't finish." He smirked again as I quickly turned away from him.

I shuddered, suddenly cold. "Leaving now." I was almost to the door when he swung me around by my waist.

"Why the hurry Luv? Spend some time with Ol' Jack!" He danced around the room, making me laugh.

"Old Jack huh?"

"Oi!"

"Well, you said it!"