The Betrayal

Hello everyone! I do not own Kuroko No Basket

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kuroko's p.o.v

   "Should Kuroko even be allowed on the team anymore? Without Kagami he's useless. He doesn't have a strong light anymore and he's really just a burden." One of the second years asked.

"You idiot! Kuroko is a major part of this team! Without him, we would have never beaten the GoM. I don't care if Kagami is gone, Kuroko isn't useless! He'll find a new light, I'm not worried about him. Riko said, but I had already heard the annoyance in her voice. You could easily tell she didn't believe what he was saying at all. I sighed, turning around. It had only been a month since Kagami left for America, and the GoM went their own way to play as a team again. After all, they were the best in Japan, they had to keep that title. So they could face Kagami again.

Why hadn't I gone with them? Now I had no idea where they were, and my team had just abandoned me. Kagami wasn't here to cheer me up, he had left me, just like the entire team had done. Of course, it wasn't his fault. After all, he had been so kind to me over the years and it was his right to pursue his dream. Besides, I could always call him. We were still friends, just long distance ones.

"Don't let Kuroko hear you, coach, he might get an ego and think he's actually any good." That was the final straw. I turned away from the gym doors and signed in a resignation form to the basketball team. I snuck back into the gym and left the piece of paper on the coach's clipboard.

Making sure nobody would follow me or could see me, I headed to my apartment, tears streaming down my face. I collapsed onto my bed, calling the one person whom I knew could fix everything.

"A-Akashi-kun?" I asked weakly once he picked up. I could hear the others laughing happily in the background. "W-where are you guys right now?" I heard him draw in a sharp breath.

"Kuroko? What's wrong? You sound off, have you been crying?" The pause a took a deep breath, "We're a few hours away from you actually, why do you want to know?" I heard the commotion in the background stop, and silence ensued.

"I...I want to come with you guys. I-is that possible?" I asked hopefully, wiping away a few stray tears.

"Of course Kuroko, you're always welcome to join us, but what about Seirin?" Akashi asked a hint of concern in his usually calm voice.

"They....they don't need me anymore..I...I heard them talking about how I was just...just a burden since Kagami-kun left. Even the coach d-doubted me. J-just because I don't have a light anymore." I heard him mutter something under his breath angrily.

"I'll come to pick you up, pack your things and I'll be there in...three hours." With that, Akashi hung up. I sighed before sanding. I drew two suitcases from underneath my bed and started filling them with my belongings. I took one look at my seirin jersey and uniform and tossed them into the trash. I packed the rest of my clothes, before realizing I hated all of them. Oh well, I would ask Kise to help me shop for a new style later. I ran a hand through my hair, eyes narrowing as I stared at a picture of everyone in Seirin and me. I shook my head, before taking that, a picture of me and the GoM form Teikou, one with Kagami, and one of my parents. All of those were placed neatly within my clothes so they wouldn't get broken during the trip. Finding that I could fit no more in that suitcase I moved to the next one. I smiled as I took a basketball into my hands. It was signed by everyone on the GoM, including me. It was after the first game I had won on with Kise. Everyone had agreed that I hold on to it since I would be the least likely to lose it and take care of it. I placed it into the corner of my suitcase, recalling the fond memory of everyone signing it. Looking around my room I sighed. I didn't have much else t pack, as I was usually never home. I knew wherever Akashi was staying, probably his mansion, it would have a library. Discarding all my books, I dug out my photo album and placed it next to the basketball. My sketchbook was next, as well as my book on basketball techniques. I looked around my room before my eyes caught something I had missed. It was the trophy from Winter High. I felt a sob get stuck in my throat as I remembered how much fun it was. Shaking my head I picked up the trophy and held it my hands. I pulled it closer to my chest as I felt the pain well up inside me.

"Why did you have to do this to me?"

--------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you liked this first chapter. I'm not really sure how good this is considering I've never posted a fan-fiction on here before! Please let me know what you think of this story.

Also, there will be Akakuro moments in this later down the story!

848 words for this first chapter!