chapter ten

(Monday, 3rd, October, 1988)

"CAITLIN YOU HAVE come here now, it's your brother." Tonks said "there was an accident and he was involved."

Caitlin didn't want to hear anymore, she got up and ran down the hallway, clashing into a third year.

"Sorry!" she yelled as she ran, she got to the hospital wing but she couldn't walk into the wing.

"What if he's dead?"

"What if he never comes back."

"What if he never wakes up."

"What if he doesn't remember me."

"Wha—"

"Caitlin!" Charlie yelled "what happened to Ryan?" Caitlin turns to him and cries into his chest.

"What if h-he's g-gone?"

Charlie's heart hurts for Caitlin, he couldn't imagine loosing a sibling, a best friend. And so he brought her somewhere quiet so that she could cry.

She could cry for herself.

She could cry for her brother.

Her parents.

Her younger siblings.

For everyone that cares about him.

It was quiet and chalice looked down to see her sleeping, he carried her bridal style to the Gryffindor common room and played her on the sofa.

"She's here so much that she could be a Gryffindor." He thought to himself. He just stayed by her side.

He stayed because he knew if she was by herself that she would just self destruct.

__________________

McGonagall went into her house and looked at Charlie and Caitlin, they were both asleep. Charlie was by her side and Caitlin was on the soft sofa.

She then shook Charlie awake, he stirred awake and looked up at his head of house, then he looked at Caitlin.

"She's had a hard day....I-I didn't know where else to take her." McGonagall nodded her head, "her brother is awake and asking for her. Will you take her there whenever she wakes up?"

Charlie nodded his head and waited for her to wake up. It was one in the morning whenever Caitlin woke up to see Charlie's blue eyes starring at her.

"Your brother is awake."

"H-he's ok?"

Charlie nodded his head "he wants to see you." Caitlin smiled and got off of the couch and opened the door.

"Where are you two going?" The fat lady asked them, Caitlin grinned back at her "to see my brother" the fat lady then nodded her head and let them go.

Caitlin grabbed Charlie's hand and they walked together through Hogwarts, very late at night to an impatient Ryan Monroe.