Halfway through the movie the doorbell rang and we all screamed. When we had calmed down Jimmy got up to answer it.

He came back with the pizza cartons and before they even touched the table the pizza was scarfed down by us. When all of it had vanished the movie was over and we put Psycho in. We all took turns screaming and when the credits rolled on the screen all the lights had been switched on, and the curtains closed.

Phil pulled out a deck of cards and sat down on the floor leaning against the couch. The other guys slipped down as well and eventually Archer got down as well. I pulled the blanket up to my nose and lay down on the coach. I watched bemused as the guys shouted insults at each other, as Jimmy won yet another round.

After a couple more rounds I had come with my plan to scare Archer.

"Guys I'm going to quickly go put on a pair of socks, be right back" I said pulling away the blanket.

"Okay" they replied in unison, distracted by the game they were playing. Everyone except for Phil kept staring at the cards in their hand. I gave him a pointed look and nodded my chin to the kitchen before leaving the living room. I waited a couple of seconds before Phil came in.

"I need you to ask to go to the basement. tell him he needs to bring something up! and i also need you to record what is going to happen! the lights ate going to be off before I'll flip the switch for the basement so you'll just have to tape record it, okay?" I whispered looking up at him.

He smiled down at me "yeah no problem, what's your plan?" He replied in a hushed tone.

"Surprise" i grinned before pulling the freezer open and grabbing an ice pack.

Phil have me a weird look but sauntered back into the living room. I quietly rushed to the door of the basement, praying it wouldn't squeak when I opened it. It didn't and I smiled evilly, no one pranks me and gets away with it. I carefully made my way down the stairs and tripped over the old boxes. I stepped over old pictures, cardboard boxes and other loot before finally reaching the power box. I flipped the switch and stood next to it. I squeezed the ice pack in my hands with my already freezing fingers. I waited quietly in the darkness for the sound of Archer coming. I had to admit that the darkness and quiet surroundings of the basement scared the crap out of me, especially after the movie we watched. I was pressed against the wall concentrating on the cold ice in my hands. Finally I could hear Archers deep voice from behind the door.

"Dude what the hell, why can't you get the drinks? You know where they are" he called to who I assumed was Phil. He pulled open the door and the light beam from the hallway lit the room to just before my feet. I pressed up further and heard the click of the light switch. Archer groaned in frustration

"Not again" he said slowly making his way down the stairs. A box clattered to the ground and Archer swore under his breath. I had to suppress a laugh as i quietly put the ice pack on the floor next to me. He came closer and closer stubbing his toe on several more boxes, giving me an indication where he was.

"Where the hell is the box" he said clearly annoyed now. I heard his palm slap the wall next to me and stepped forward, hoping I hit the target I placed my hands on the nape of his neck, my freezing finger numb against his warm soft skin.

And trust me, boy did he scream. His ear shattering, piercing scream resonated through the dark basement and the hysteric laughter from outside the door was audible. I ducked to the floor and shuffled away before Archer swung at me. He didn't stop screaming as he slapped for the box eventually flipping all switches at once. He turned around and with horrified, wide eyes frantically searched the basement before his eyes settled on me. I got up from my crouched position and couldn't stop the laughter. The door opened and Phil appeared with a camera in his hands. The door was my only escape from a charging Archer. I took two stairs at a time and burst through the door, racing past the guys who were rolling on the floor with laughter. I ran through the living room and up the stairs, to Archers room. I heard him close behind me, bounding up the stairs behind me. I reached his room and slammed the door shut before he managed to come in.

"I swear to all the mighty forces above that I will get you back for that. I ALMOST DIED! What do you have to say for yourself Echo Lee" he shouted from the other side of the door.

I slid down the door, not being able to stand anymore from the laughter.

"Karma's a bitch Archer!" I shouted between laughs.

"Come out of my room right now! We ha-" he was interrupted by the door bell ringing.

The door was opened and I could hear Shellie's delighted squeal.

"Bro this ones for you" Jimmy shouted.

"I'm not down with you yet" he said to me in a voice that sent shivers down my spine.

I didn't dare open the door, but I listened to Archer thanking the babysitter and bringing Shellie upstairs to her room. I stayed in Archers room throwing myself onto his big comfy bed. After a couple of minutes he was at he door again demanding that I opened the door.

"Echo I swear I will run down this door" he said for the tenth time.

"Huh" I pretended to think "nope don't think I feel like coming out"

"ECHO!" He shouted

"Oh gosh, what will I do when big bad Archer comes for me?" I said, sighing dramatically.

He didn't reply and I made my way to the door. No I didn't open it, I'm not stupid, that's the oldest trick. I placed my ear against the wood to hear something, but there was nothing. Suddenly two strong arms wrapped around my waist, and this time I screamed with everything I had.

"Gotcha baby girl" Archer said running his lips across the top of my war before placing a kiss under it, making me involuntarily shiver in his arms. He slung me over his shoulder and walked to the door. I started pounding against his back but that didn't affect him much.

"Let me down!" I said feeling the blood collect in my head.

"Oh gosh, what will I do when big bad Echo is free again?" He said imitating me from earlier. I huffed annoyed and watched the floor as Archer lead me through the house. I heard another open and then we were outside.

"NO NO NOOOOO!" I screamed before Archer dropped me into the water.