Just Too Needy

Felix sighs lightly when Jack disappears, the game quickly losing his interest when he is alone. His stomach growls hungrily, and he realizes he hasn't eaten yet today. Glancing at his watch, he decides it's a fine time for lunch.

The Swede leaves his office for the kitchen bff stops short, seeing light beneath Marzia's office door. He doesn't remember he coming to bed last night, wonders if she had slept at all this week. With a deep breath to collect his courage, he gives a gentle knock to the wood, opening the door.

Marzia is hunched over her desk, brunette hair pulled up in a messy bun. She doesn't acknowledge Felix's arrival, sketching frantically. Her bottom lip is between her teeth, her naked face a bit strange to see even for Felix. She nearly always wears make up.

"Hey, Marz," Felix offers, quiet to not startle her.

Either she doesn't hear him or ignores him, as he eyes never leave the work on her desk. Felix steps a bit farther inside, not terribly familiar with her workspace but wanting to be noticed. The room is neatly organized, with swatches of fabric and mannequins covered in nearly finished hand stitched clothing.

"I'm going to make lunch," he continues, as if she responded. "Want anything?"

"I don't have time," she replies quickly, pushing a price of hair from her dark irises.

Felix frowns, the smallest bit of a huff pasting his lips. Marzia glances up at the sound, eyes meeting the blonde's for the first time in a few days.

"Felix, sweetie," she offers gently, turning a bit in her chair. "You know I have to finish these designs for Paris, okay? I promise we'll spend a bit of time together after this weekend, okay?"

Felix still seems unconvinced, but he resigns, pushing his hands into his pockets. "You said that last month."

"Felix," she says low, almost warning him to drop it.

Felix wants to grumble, though a bit of a fit, but he presses the discontent deep down into the out of his stomach. "I think I'm going to go to PAX this weekend," he decides on instead.

"What about the pugs?" she questions, turning back to her work. She starts to sketchy again before he replies, much to his annoyance. He never could seem to keep her attention.

"I'll think is someone to watch them," he offers.

She hums, lost in her own mind.

Felix leaves her to her own activities, shutting the door tightly behind him. He sulks to the kitchen, his arrival rousing the pugs on the couch. Edgar jumps for the cushions, trotting Felix. He puts his paws onto the blonde's shin, waiting to be picked up. Felix sets the black pug on his hip, digging through the fridge.

The Swede resigns to grab a bit of meat and cheese, tucking a box of cracker beneath his arm. He plops down on the couch, the pugs cuddling up to him and eyeing the treats in his clutches.

Felix eats slowly, attention on his phone. He replies to tweets and looks through comments, distracting himself as he eats his way through a sleeve of crackers. He strokes the pugs between bites, their soft fur a welcomed touch.

He scrolls through a few tweets from Jack, smiling softly at the goofy Irishman. It's been been so long since he's seen Jack's face, got to goof around with him in the flesh. Felix's mind drifts to his plane ticket, wondering exactly how early he could fly out.

He forget about lunch, scrolling through plane tickets. His eyes drift across plenty of full flight departing in mere hours. His eyes drift to an early morning flight leaving Wednesday. Two days to pack his suitcase and prepare videos is a bit tight for the Swede, but his fingers click through the app to buy the ticket before the thought comes.

His thumbs nearly work on their own as he is scrolling through his contacts, eyes stopping no the first name residing in Brighton. The phone is to his ear in a moment, his free hand lazily stroking Maya. Edgar huffs when he accepts that Felix won't be sharing anything, done eating himself, moving to curl onto his lap.

"Hello?" a bright voice answers after only a ring.

"Robin! Good to hear from you, buddy," Felix replies cheerily, mind wandering to all the stupid things he's going to do with Jack. "Are you going to PAX this weekend?"

"Can't," Robin replies simply. "I'm way behind on Jack's videos and my sister is coming for a visit. Why do you ask?"

"I was wondering if you would like some company this weekend," Felix smiles. "Marzia is going to Paris, and I'm going to PAX. We really need someone to watch the pugs. You would get tons of brownie points for helping us out."

"You're going to PAX?" he asks, almost surprised. "It's been-"

"A long time," the blonde finishes.

"Can you pack your entire closet by Friday?" Robin teases lightly, the smallest drip of concern in his voice. Felix is a planner, scheduling weeks in advance.

"If you think my entire closet can fit into one suitcase, then you really know nothing about me," he snickers. "But, I'm flying out Wednesday, actually. Marzia could drop them off Thursday, if that's okay? And, she'll be back Monday. Well, we both should be back Monday."

"I could do it," Robin replies, suspicious but knowing Jack would probably be dead asleep by now. He makes a note to talk tot he Irishman when he can, the dots to this strange event not connecting. A spontaneous Felix going to a convention after all these years? It's either voodoo or a bleak prognosis. Robin would bet heavier on black magic.

"Great! Thanks Robin! I owe you, bro," Felix grins before quickly saying his goodbyes. A suitcase needs to be packed and videos must be made. But, he does have a moment to text the sleeping Irishman.

Felix: I'll be there Wednesday! Get ready for the best weekend of your life

In LA, the light from Jack's phone wakes Mark, in a soft slumber and tangled in his boyfriend. The raven yawns, blindly reaching for the phone. He glances at the message, heart doing a summersault inside his ribs.

He drops the phone back on the night stand, face down to keep the light from waking him again. Cuddling into Jack, he forces his mind quiet, pressed close enough to hear the soft breathe and gentle heartbeat of his lover. He'll deal with thoughts of Felix tomorrow. Tonight, he only wants to think about Jack.