Chapter 10 - Is this a joke?

Hope you enjoy

EDITED 28/06/2015

********************************************************************************************

Chapter 10 - Is this a joke?

I was still standing in a daze when Jess walked out of the library and saw me.

"What happened? I heard you shouting" she said in a rush.

"He...kissed ...me" I whispered still unable to understand the feelings fluttering around in my stomach. I was shocked, confused, and slightly happy but at the same time I was angry. "How could he just kiss me like that?" I mused.

"Who kissed you?" Jess asked trying to get me out of my daze,

"That Jackass!" I burst as my anger erupted from me. I started to storm down the corridor in the direction he had gone. "I'm going to kill him! How dare he just kiss me" I screamed, Jess running behind me. Reaching the front doors I pushed them open and continued to storm out into the parking lot.

"Wait. Wait. Are you telling me that Nick Harrison kissed you?" she asked trying to understand my ranting. Suddenly I stopped when I heard the sadness in her voice. It was barely noticeable but I remembered how much she liked Nick.

"Oh gosh. Jess. I'm sorry" I cried turning to see the sadness in her eyes, "I completely forgot that you like him."

"No it's fine, I think I'm slowly getting over it, it's just a crush" she said, but I could still see that she wasn't completely over Nick. That Jackass.

I engulfed Jess into a big hug, as we stood on the steps of the school. Suddenly I was grabbed from behind with what felt like a cloth covering my mouth, so I couldn't scream.

My fighter mode kicked in and I had flipped around behind the person who had grabbed me, throwing punches at their face violently. The person fell to the ground with a groan and I continued to attack as another guy tried to pin me. I managed to trip him and he fell down the steps landing in a heap. A terrified scream caught my attention and I looked up to see a big guy holding Jess tightly to his chest as she wriggled in his arms trying to escape.

"Let's not make this difficult, shall we Princess" the guy called holding a gun to Jess's head. "Now get in the van" he shouted viciously motioning to a dark van that was parked at the curb in front of us. I did as he said so he wouldn't hurt Jess and she was pushed into the van with me before the doors slammed shut, engulfing us both into darkness.

"Alex what's going on?" Jess's scared voice asked through the darkness. We heard the guy get into the van and start the engine. "Are we being kidnapped?" she asked again. I continued to listen, the engine was still running but we hadn't moved, I thought I could hear voices and groans from outside but the engine was too loud. Moments later the van doors swung open and Jackass stood there motioning for us to get out. Jess stumbled out after me and I looked around to see that the big guy who had the gun was now on the floor with the two that I had escaped from. Did Nick beat him up? Where was the gun?

"Hurry, get in" Nick called dragging me and Jess to his jeep that was parked further down the path. He opened the door and Jess jumped in, but I stopped "I'm not getting in your car," I shouted and he groaned frustrated,

"Just get in and stop being difficult. I will explain everything, but you're not safe here anymore" he explained as I still looked at him unsure of what was going on. Could I really trust Nick? "Please Alex" he cried. He called me Alex, he had never called me Alex before. I quickly got into the back seat next to Jess. He jumped in and sped off down the road dangerously fast.