Chapter 2 - Real? or Fake?

EDITED 28/06/2015

*****************************************************************************************************

Chapter 2 – Real? or Fake?

The next day I was woken by my annoying alarm clock making a high pitched squawk in my ear. I groaned and slowly rolled out of bed and into the bathroom for a quick shower.

Once dressed I made my way to the kitchen where dad was drinking a cup of coffee,

"Good morning Lexy" he cheerfully chipped, he was always happy in the mornings,

"Morning" I said getting my own cup of coffee and popping some bread into the toaster. It was literally the only thing me or dad could cook without causing a fire, although there was that one time the toaster went ablaze.

"Ready for your second day?" he asked as my toast popped and I chucked it in my mouth unable to consume it fast enough.

"Ready as always" I said around bits of toast,

"Would you like me to drop you off today?" he asked. For the last three years I had insisted that he let me find my own way to school, something to do with being an 'independent teenager', but today the idea of sitting on the bus behind a bunch of obnoxious boys didn't quite appeal to me.

"Yes please" I said washing my toast down with a big gulp of coffee, prepared for another day among teenagers.

"Have a good day Lexy," dad called as I got out of the car. I gave him a sarcastic smile which made him chuckle as he drove off. I took a deep breath and walked into the student filled corridors. First up was home room, I'd missed it yesterday due to the amount of paperwork I had to sign, so when I entered the room every set of eyes stared at me curiously. Turned out I was late.

"Oh hello, you must be our new student." said a little old lady who was standing at the front of the class, "I'm Mrs Page welcome to home room. Would you like to introduce yourself to everyone" she continued in a small fragile voice that almost made me instantly like her, if it wasn't for the fact that she wanted me to introduce myself. What teacher thought it would be a good idea for the new student to stand in front of a group of strangers and tell them about themselves? I was just asking to be singled out.

"Hi. I'm Alex Stone" I said hoping that that would be enough to satisfy Mrs Page.

"What school did you go to before you came here?" she insisted and I groaned internally, I knew that the moment I started to explain the amount of schools I had been to Mrs Page would ask more and more questions.

"I went to Marymount" I said hoping that she didn't know where the school was,

"Oh, Marymount? The international school? Which one? London?" she enquired,

"No Paris" I explained not mentioning that I had also attended the one in London, Hong Kong and Rome to name a few. Marymount was a catholic institution that had a network of locations around the world. If we were staying in a city that held a Marymount school, I would always attend it as I was provided instant acceptance having a history of attendance with them.

"Oh Marymount in France! How interesting, was it difficult with the language?" She asked excited to learn more.

"I'm fluent in French so that was no problem" I answered,

"Oh, How long did you live in France?" She continued to ask.

Ignoring the question I pleaded "Can I sit down now?" I had had enough of her interrogation,

"Oh, of course dear, just take a seat wherever you like" she said, finally releasing me from her interrogation.

I quickly went to sit at a spare desk in the middle of the back row, keeping my head down as I went, that was a mistake, when I finally looked up from my desk I noticed that Victoria and her two sidekicks were sitting in the row in front of me, with a bunch of guys in football jackets in the other seats on the back rows, one of which was Nick or as I like to call him Jackass. Instantly my mood turned sour, how could I be this unlucky?