Chapter 4 - You're Invited

Hi Everyone, Hope you are enjoying it so far.

EDITED 28/06/2015

********************************************************************************************

Chapter 4 – You're Invited

Jess picked me up the next morning and I daydreamed my way through my first lesson, Victoria didn't even notice me in homeroom too busy chatting with her friends and Jessica's constant chattering helped me through English. I currently had a free period in place of my Spanish class, so I decided to make my way to the library to start some of the History work that I had fallen behind on. It was all going quite well until I felt someone sit down on the chair opposite me. Looking up I noticed it was Maxino from Spanish, he was wearing a red top with dark blue jeans.

"Hello, you're Alex right?" he asked leaning back in a comfortable position. I just nodded my head in agreement. I really needed to get some work done and didn't have time to talk.

"Well I'm Maxino, but a pretty girl like you can call me Max," he continued and I forced myself to hold in the gag, "What are you studying?" He asked, noticing that I wasn't paying him any attention.

"History" I grumbled,

"Oh, I hate history, it's so boring" he stated and I once again nodded in agreement. We sat in silence for a few moments and I almost forgot that he was sat across from me.

"Hey Nick. There you are, come sit with me and Alex" he shouted getting a stern look from the librarian. I looked up from my work again to see that Jackass was walking over to the table. Great. He sat down and I returned to my work trying to ignore the two boys.

"Me and the team haven't seen you around much lately, what's been going on?" Max asked him as I tried to focus on my work,

"Just had stuff to do" Jackass explained taking out some work books from his bag. Was he going to study? He didn't seem like the studying type.

"Well you'd better be coming to the party this weekend, you can't bail this time." Max continued,

"Maybe. I'll have to see, I've got a lot going on at the moment" Jackass said sounding annoyed.

"What about you Alex?" Max asked catching me off guard,

"What?" I asked.

"The party Friday, you're in right? I've got to have your pretty face there." Max said with a flirty smile.

"It's not really my scene," I explained trying to get back to studying. I wasn't the type of girl who goes to parties.

"Well, if you change your mind just text me, here's my number," he said scribbling digits on the top of my work.

"Thanks, I guess." I mumbled as I continued writing about the middle ages.

"Well I'd love to sit here all day but I've got a meeting with coach." Max said ten minutes later while both myself and Nick were busy studying.

"If you change your mind about the party just text me," Max called as he got up from his seat, then walked out of the library leaving me to study in peace for the next twenty minutes.

I actually didn't even notice Nick sitting across from me, he was lost in his work and so was I. No snide comments. No dirty looks. No arguments. No Jackass. For once I didn't mind being in the same room as him.

When the bell rang we both left the library, I went to my locker to swap books then entered History ready to learn about some war.

"Vicky baby, I've missed you" A guy called as he entered the class, then walked over to Victoria who grabbed him and kissed him right in the middle of the room.