Chapter 22: Lies

I can't even sleep. Between getting back to my room so late due to the party and the excitement with me and Jungkook, it was impossible. I curled closer to Han-na, comforted by her warmth. I'd miss her so much once she left, but at least I had the prospect of her living here with me to look forward to. I wondered who would be leaving today. It didn't seem polite to ask, so I didn't. I would guess it was Yoojung.  Sohyun and Tzuyu were favorites with some of Jungkook's family members and Sana and Yeri had connections. I had Jungkook's heart, and that left Yoojung without much to hold on to. I really don't want Yoojung to get kicked out. I really liked her and wish for her to stay more. I wish Sana would go but Jungkook sure wants to keep her because of his father. But he did say he wanted me to be comfortable here if he knew how much I disliked her maybe he will send her home. I sighed, thinking of everything Jungkook said last night. I'd never imagined this was possible. 

How did I, Kim Jae-Hwa, a Six, a nobody make Jeon Jungkook, a prince fall in love with me? 

How did this happen when I'd spent the last 3 years getting ready for a life as a wife of a 7?

It's only been 6 months. 

A tiny part of my heart throbbed. 

How would I explain this to Jimin? 

How would I tell him that Jungkook had chosen me and that I wanted to be with him? 

Would he hate me? The thought made me want to cry. 

No matter what, I didn't want to lose Jimin's friendship. I couldn't.

Ara didn't knock when she came in, which was typical. She always tried to let me rest as long as I could, and after the party, I certainly needed it. But instead of going to prep things, Ara went around to Han-na and gently rubbed her shoulder to wake her.

"Han-na, It's time to get up," Ara whispered. 

"Can't I sleep?" Han-na slowly got up. 

"I'm sorry, but there's some important business this morning. You need to go to your parents." 

"Important business? What's going on?" Minjin and Minsu came in. 

"Ara," Minjin looked at Ara and Ara looked down. 

Confused but hopeful, I got out of bed, encouraging Han-na to do the same. I gave her a big hug before she went to Mom and Dad's room. Once she left with Minsu I looked at Ara and Minjin. 

"Now that she is gone, can you explain?" Minjin shook her head and Ara was still looking down.

"บอกฉัน" (Tell me) I asked Ara, hoping she would

"ขอโทษ" (Sorry) She finally looked at me. I couldn't read her but one thing I knew was something I've seen so often.

Pity.

No, why would Ara look at me like that???

Minjin pulled me to the bathroom and started to get me ready. I looked on as she pulled my dress out of the garment bag. It was understated, simple ... and white. She didn't put any makeup on me and tied my hair with a white string.  At that moment, my phone rang. Ara handed it to me and it was a text from jungkook 

Jae-Hwa, 

I'm really sorry. Please forgive my actions. 

 I looked at Ara and she couldn't look at me. 

"W-What's going on??? Tell me!!" I started to cry. 

Why would Jungkook text me that???? 

"Miss, I can't tell you. Our orders come from much higher, you will have to wait." Ara said in the most formal voice ever.