Chapter 1: The Beginning

A/n: please read the description of this book before writing hate comments about it being like the Selection series. THANK U

I stood there frozen, not believing what I'm looking at. No matter how many times I blink and try to focus my eyes on the tv screen I could still see my photo. Even though the house was shaking due to my whole family jumping around happily, it felt like the whole world stop.

Why?

Of all girls, why me??

(2 Months Earlier)

"Jae-Hwa! Please, would it kill you to join the Exclusive?" I looked up at my mom, she was mad.

I know things haven't been going so great I mean we weren't in poverty but weren't far from that.

Our rank is a 6, just 3 ranks away from being at the bottom.

My family are artists, we do many stuff from playing music to painting. We usually only make some okay money during Christmas, new years, Thanksgiving and birthdays.

Dad and Hyun-ki make art and would try to sell them. Han-na did a little bit of drawing and making art but she likes photography and film making but we dont have money for her to get a camera and a prgram to make videos. Me, and Eomma are performers. Along with Hyun-Ae unnie.

Han-Kuk is my baby brother, he is the youngest. He hasn't found anything he wants to do in the Arts. he's only 8 years old.

There are so many things, very important things here that I love. I've already sacrificed so many things and give my family as much as I can.

Being a part of The Exclusive is like them selling me to some random man.

"Mom, I don't want to do this. I love my life as it is right now."

I don't want to be forced to do something that I don't want to do.

I got up and went to hide in my room not wanting to deal with her.

But as the oldest since Hyun-ae unnie got married and Hyun-Ki left, I have to do everything, cook, clean, work all day and take care of Han-na and Han-Kuk.

So hiding isn't something I could do.

As we were eating, mom told everyone about the letter. Of course, Han-na was so excited and happy.

"Unnie!! Come on this is amazing! You get to be with Prince Jungkook and maybe even be his wife!! OMG! That's so amazing!!" Han-na grabbed the letter and started to read it out loud.

"Dear household of the Kims. We have confirmed that a single woman between the age of sixteen and twenty is currently living in your household. We would like to inform you about this amazing opportunity. As you know, our beloved Prince Jeon Jungkook of South Korea is coming of age and as he starts to move forward in his royal life he hopes to move forward but with a lady by his side, a lady who is a true daughter of South Korea. If your eligible young lady is interested in becoming the Bride of Prince Jungkook and the beloved Princess and soon to be the queen of South Korea. Please fill out this form and turn it in at your province office. Three lucky ladies from each Province will get to compete for the prince's hand in marriage."

The Exclusive, is what they do to the Princes when it's time for them to get married.

I was already stuck under rules already. Now I'm gonna have to follow more.

Having to leave everything I have here in Busan kind of broke my heart.

This is my home. I've never been anywhere else before. Here is my comfort, my everything.

"Oh, Prince Jungkook would love Jae-Hwa! She's can play so many instruments! She has a beautiful voice, is an amazing dancer, she can speak so many languages and she is SUPER pretty!" I rolled my eyes at my mom's words.

"Jae-Hwa, please be reasonable! I swear we are the only family who has to talk our daughter into doing this! Jae-Hwa just thinks about it, you might be queen one day!"

"Eomma! Do you not get it! I don't want to be queen! And even if I wanted to there are so many other girls who are better than me at everything!"

"Jae-Hwa, someone is going to win and you have a good chance to be the one who will win. Why can you never believe in yourself?" Mom yelled and stood up and left.

Everyone left, and it was only me and dad.

"Appa, I'm sorry" I quietly said as I cleaned the table

"There's no need to say sorry, I'm not mad" Dad gave me a warm smile

"But dad I-"

"You don't have to explain, I understand everything." He stood up and kissed my forehead "I'm going back to work." He left

This whole thing is so stressful!

I laid on my bed and thought about The Exclusive.

I guess entering had its advantages, like being able to eat well for a while would be nice and sleeping on a really nice and comfortable bed would be awesome.

But other than that nothing else sounded good.

I mean I'm not going to fall in love with Prince Jungkook. From what I've seen on TV and SNS, I wouldn't like the guy.

~~

It seemed like forever until it was 2 AM.

As I opened the window I saw how dark it was.

As my eyes finally adjusted to the darkness I climbed out of my window and jumped onto the grass.

Behind my house, hidden behind trees was a small playground, where I and Hyun-ki would spend our whole childhood.

I ran across my yard, as I got closer to the playground my heart was beating faster and my smile became bigger.

As I climbed up the two little steps then into the little tunnel that connect the 2 parts of the playground, I saw someone's shadow as the moon came out and shine down on us at the perfect time. I could see his cute smile.

"Hello, beautiful "

TBC

who do you think Jae-Hwa is meeting??? I'm sure you can already guess who it is.