Chapter 3- Sign Up

I sat there in the dining room, looking at the paper. I lifted up my pen and started to fill out the form. I could feel mom and dad's stares, I knew they were shocked. But they didn't ask me any questions. 

I filled in my name, age, rank, and contact information.

I also had to put my height, weight, hair, eye and skin color. 

I looked at the paper, only to see that I've only filled out not even the top part of the paper. 

WHY SO MANY QUESTIONS!

As I started to fill out all the questions, I was really happy about answering about my talents and the languages I spoke.

I'm a 6, I could sing, dance, play many instruments and write music.

As for language, I was happy that I could write down that I could fluently speak in 8 different languages. Korean, Thai, Hmong, Lao, French, Spanish,English and Japanese.

A/NI can fluently speak in 5 out of the 8 languages that are listed. What about you guys?

The reason for learning this is one to sing in those languages and for fun, I find languages fun to learn. 

"Dad, do you think the ability to sleep for 22 hours is a talent? "

"Yes! You have to put that in there, and don't forget that you can eat a whole meal in less than 2 minutes."  We laughed 

"You guys are so dumb!" Mom walked out of the room. 

"You know how your mom is, don't think about it too much, she just wants the best for you." He said 

"Dad, If I married a 7 or even an 8, and I really loved him would you let me?" I asked quickly scared of his answer

"Jae-Hwa, If you love a 9, I would want you to marry him. I want you to be happy but I also want you to know that things could happen and your love for him could disappear. When you realize that your husband can't provide for you and your children, things could change. Love can be strong but it can be weak too. But I want you to marry for love, not a number." After that, he left for work.

I went back to filling out the form, but dad's words were still running around in my head.

"Love can be strong but weak", would I really hate Jimin one day? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mom, I'm done," I said as I walked towards her and Han-na

"Unnie! You really did it!?!" Han-na ran towards me

"Yup!" I showed her my form. She looked shocked but really happy

"Good job  Jae-Hwa. Go change and then we will leave, I want to get you sign in right away!" 

I went upstairs and to change my clothes.

For some reason, I want to wear a skirt. Which is really weird! I hate dresses and skirts and rather wear pants. I quickly grabbed the first skirt  and shirt I saw and put it on. Luckily it actually went well together

 Luckily it actually went well together

A/N: Yes, if you don't already know. That's Hobie's sister. TBH I really really love her

As I walked out of my room I heard someone yell in frustration. It was Han-Kun, he was trying to play the guitar.

"Han-Kun, are you okay?" I said as I patted his head 

"Noona, I don't want to play the guitars, paint stupid walls or take random pictures of people! Mom keeps making me do these boring stuff! I just want to play soccer!" He yelled almost crying

"Oh, Han-Kun, I know it's hard. I want you to be happy and do the things you want but we can't, it's the law. I know it's hard, but we can do it together. Okay?" He slowly nodded his head as he went and hugged me.

"Noona, you are the best. You'll be the best queen ever!" I laughed

"Okay, I have to go now. Take a break and go play ball."  

Mom and I were walking to the local office.

As we got there, we obviously weren't the only ones trying to submit our forms.

There was a long line full of girls. As we got in line, I saw Jimin's mom and his sisters.

"Ji-hee!" Mom called to Jimin's mom

"Omo! is Jae-Hwa going to enter the Exclusive!?!" 

"Yeah," I said with a small smile

"Hello, Mina, Mijie, Miseong. You all look beautiful!" Mom said to them

"Hello, Mrs. Kim! And thank you, we wanted to look pretty for our pictures!" Mina said, her smile really big. 

"Picture?" I asked 

"Yes, don't tell anyone but I was cleaning a family who were Twos and they were talking about how this lottery wasn't really a lottery, the royal family is looking for certain people. If it was a lottery, Why would it matter how many languages you spoke or how many special skills  you have?" Jimin's mother said

I looked around there were many girls who clearly didn't know about this. I saw a 7, she had dirt and dust all over her, her face dirty. Then behind me was a 2, her clothes were clean and neat, her hair was curled and her make up was like a clown tbh.

I looked down at my outfit, I looked decent. My outfit was good enough but my hair was just straight and I had no makeup on. I looked around nervously. I saw mom she looked mad that I was at a disadvantage. 

"Oh, how I wish  I was like Jae-Hwa unnie! She is naturally beautiful like she doesn't even need makeup!" Mijie said in a jealous tone 

"No! I'm nothing special! Who would pick me when you have the three of you!?!" I said with a big smile." 

"What are you talking about! You are a beautiful girl and every time Jimin comes home from your house he always talks about how talented you are!" Mrs.Park said

"Really!?! What a wonderful young man! He's going to make some girl really happy one day!" Mom said, still looking at all the other girls that were in line

Mrs. Park leaned in and quickly said "Don't tell anyone but I think he might already have someone in mind."

I froze. I didn't know what to say.

"What is she like?" Mom asked

"I'm not sure! I haven't met her. I'm only guessing that he is seeing someone because he's been really happy lately. But I know she must be a wonderful girl. These few months he's been working harder than before and saving money. I think he is saving up to marry this girl!" 

"REALLY!?!" I said in a happy tone. "I mean, I'm really happy for him!" That was a facepalm moment. 

"Me too!  I don't know who she is but I love her already, my son is finally happy and it's all thanks to her. Things have been hard for him since his dad died and anyone who makes him happy is a daughter to me!" 

I couldn't believe it. Jimin has been saving money for me. He's really going to marry me! I don't know if I should hug him or yell at him.

 I don't care! I'm so happy!! 

It was my turn and I signed at the window and check on my form than I went to take a picture. I fixed my hair and sat in the chair. As I sat there, I thought about marrying Jimin and how we could take a photo together like this. I smiled big, still thinking about Jimin going to ask me to marry him.

I don't think any girl could have smiled more than me. 

TBC