Two Halves of a Rainbow {5}

P.O.V: Måne

Oliver and my grandma began talking. The conversation between them was endless. He was really sweet. I cooked a seafood gravy as they sat at the table and spoke to each other. I can't believe how much of a jerk Daniel was. He is just like the rest of these other rich people. Heartless. I could never marry a man like that.

I was so happy to hear that Oliver was finally asking for my help. It had brightened my mood and all the regret I felt was gone. I turned on the stove fan and then took a seat at the table. "You treat her right, now, okay?" I blushed. I wish my grandma would stop talking. Everything she has said made me blush. "Ma-ma!" I covered my face.

Oliver came and sit right next to me draping an arm around my shoulders, "Don't worry, Ms. Lavender. She'll be praised by me and I'll be her biggest fan." He looked at me and winked smiling. I blushed more. I could tell he was getting more comfortable because he was cracking jokes. My grandmother giggled and hugged Oliver. "I like you, Oliver. Stay as long as you like. "

She exited the room and me and Oliver sat in silence whilst his arm was still around me. We both got caught in a staring contest. I moved the hair out of his face and we both became bashful. He removed his arm and I scooted away. The awkward silence had fully taken over now. I stood to check on the food and he stood, too. "Where's the bathroom?" He asked.

"Down the hall to your left." I answered and he nodded leaving the room. We were so close. It made me nervous. I turned off the stove because I was done cooking. When Oliver came back he leaned against the wall looking at me. I glanced at him while wiping down the counter top.

"You're really pretty, Måne." He said randomly. I smiled whilst turning to face him, "Thank you." I walked past him and signaled him to follow me up the stairs. He nodded and did so. I showed him the place. "Ma-ma's room, my room, and that one right there will be the one you are staying in."

He nodded, "Thank you." He stretched his back and rubbed his neck. Where did he sleep last night? Outside? But he was all cleaned up. "It's really no problem. I bring homeless people here all the time." I joked and he chuckled. He looked at me before choosing to walk in his room. "Enjoy your stay. I have to go downstairs. For well, cleaning reasons."

"Would you like me to help? I wouldn't mind." He peeked his head out to look at me again.

"No no. It's really okay. Vila lite." I demanded. He cocked his head, "What?"

"Get some rest." I translated.

He sighed and nodded. I walked down the stairs and my grandma waited for me at the bottom. "Please, tell me y'all are secretly dating." She said eagerly. I rolled my eyes and smiled at her. "No!" I whisper yelled.

She giggled and pinched my cheeks.

A few days had past and Oliver has been helping around the house. My grandma was getting rather close with Oliver. They went shopping together. They laughed together at the table. They watched tv together. They were like best friends.

My parents haven't told me anything yet but I'm pretty sure they are pissed at me for blowing off Daniel. He was a jerk. I wouldn't give him another chance even if my life depended on it. I looked out the door. A long vehicle pulled up outside the car. I sighed and saw the tall limber lady step out of the car. She wore a dark pink coat over a fancy sweater dress. It was tight in all the right places. Her hair was long blonde and straight. I moved the hair out of my face.

It was my mother. I smiled whilst opening the door, "Mom!" Then I remembered that Oliver was here. I tried to keep a straight face when realizing this, but I guess I hadn't because my mother looked at me strange and questioned me.