It Will Rain- Chapter 6

Named this chapter after one of my favorite Bruno Mars songs....but love this acoustic version......it fits the mood of this chapter!!! :)

It Will Rain

Chapter 6

            Jillianne avoided Harry all week. It hurt so when she would catch the confused look on his face when he glanced her way. He would send her notes during class asking what had happened when she had stayed over after McGonagall's class, but Jilli would just burn his notes. Instead of going to eat in the great hall with everyone else Jilli hardly ate, she had no appetite anyway. Draco would surprise her by bringing her back something every once in a while, but she wouldn't talk to him so he would leave her alone. The time had come for her plan.  …......

            Harry had no idea what was going on with Jillianne. She was totally avoiding him. He felt as though it had something to do with whatever had happened after Transfiguration class, but she wouldn't speak to him, she wouldn't return his notes. He cared for her a lot and he thought she liked him too, but her behavior was confusing him. Harry missed her, missed her smile, her wit, and the way she was always there for him. He had planned a very special outing to Hogsmeade for Christmas and had bought a very special gift to give her. He was determined to get to the bottom of it.

            Harry and the others had just finished Quidditch practice and Harry was headed back to the gryffindor common when he thought he heard Jilli. He had to be mistaken. He was going on past a hallway when he heard her voice again, “Oh Draco,” Jilli's voice said passionately.

            Harry slowly walked down the corridor where the sound had come from and could not believe his eyes. He felt like he had just taken a terrible punch to the gut. There was Jillianne, her arms wrapped around Draco Malfoy, her lips locked with his in a passionate kiss. Harry could only respond by saying, “Jillianne,” in a whisper. The kiss stopped and Jilli looked at Harry. He felt like he was going to be sick, it was her. He quickly turned away, sprinting down the corridor and around the corner.

            “Harry,” Jilli cried out, tears starting. And she would have ran after him if Draco hadn't grabbed her tightly, she struggled with Malfoy for a bit, trying to break free to go after Harry. Draco finally held her tightly to him.

            “You have to let him go,” he said to her, no sneer or malice in his tone, just matter of fact.

            Jilli felt broken. She slowly slide down to the floor, her head in her knees, sobbing. The hurt look on Harry's face was not something she would forget anytime soon, and it was breaking her heart. Draco sat down beside her, and it was Draco who was comforting her, wrapping his arms around her slender shoulders and smoothing back her long hair.

            “Please don't cry.”

            And Jilli shocked herself when she reached out, seeking comfort from the one person she couldn't stand, wrapping her arms around him and crying in his robe.

            “Come on Jilli, we have to get back.”

            Draco helped her up, wiping the tears on her face and then putting his arm around her as they walked to the Slytherin common room.

            Outside the door Draco looked at her, his hands on both her shoulders, “Alright Jilli, you've got to pull yourself together. You are a Slytherin after all, not a sniveling Hufflepuff. You don't want to give them the satisfaction of seeing you down.”