The Crush and the Stupid Ferret- Chapter 1

Chapter 1

            Jillianne Ashwood often wondered if she had been sorted into the right house. She didn't feel like a Slytherin. Yeah, she was competitive and she liked to get her way, and she excelled at most everything she did, but why Slytherin. She couldn't stand it when Malfoy and all his cronies went around bullying and picking on others, of course she had never stood up to him about it either. It must be her pureblood and the fact that her dad had been Slytherin.

            Jilli was making her way down to the Quidditch pitch; she was going to try once again to make the Slytherin Quidditch team as a chaser. She knew she was good, and she'd been trying for a spot for 5 years now, but each year she had been denied. Jilli just didn't suck-up to the crown prince of Slytherin, Draco Malfoy, enough to be considered for the team.

            As Jilli made her way through the corridor out to the pitch, she must not have been looking where she was going cause she bumped right into the back of someone.

            “Oh, I'm sorry,” she said, and looked up. It couldn't be. It was Harry Potter. Jilli blushed. She'd had a huge crush on Harry for about as long as she'd been at Hogwarts; of course no one else knew this.

            “You really should watch where you’re going,” Harry spat out smartly.

            Jilli's face fell and the smile left her face, “And you really need to learn some manners,” she responded harshly back, “I did say I was sorry.” and she turned her back to him and stormed out onto the pitch.

            Harry felt bad about getting nasty with Jillianne, he had been having a bad day, what with trying to calm down everyone's nerves on the Gryffindor team. He knew Jillianne wasn't a bad person, even for a Slytherin. She was actually a very beautiful girl, with long silky pale blond hair and the most unusual yet beautiful eyes, they were a light lavender purple-blue color, and even though she had a fair complexion and light hair, her eyelashes were dark and thick around her jewel-like eyes. Harry was slightly taller than Jillianne by about a half-a-head, but he knew she had a curvy, athletic body because he had noticed her last year at the Yule Ball in her slinky Amethyst colored gown. Yeah, she was gorgeous, but she was also a Slytherin.

            Her anger at Harry really must have fueled Jilli because she out played everyone. Afterwards they all gathered around for the results, and yet again Draco Malfoy did not call her name. Disgusted and a little hurt she made her way back to the castle. She decided to shower and start her potions homework.

            As she was going someone reached out and grabbed her arm from behind, “Hey,” they said, “hold up.”

            Jilli turned and it was Harry. She was still angry about not making the team thanks to the Slytherin prince Malfoy and at him for being an ass earlier, “What!?” she glared at him.

            Harry looked down, blushing slightly, then he looked into her eyes, “I'm sorry for being rude to you a bit ago. I didn't mean it. I was just having a bad day with our team.”

            Jilli stared at him in shock, and then came to her senses, smiling. His words helped her feelings a little bit, “Well, I know how it is to have a bad day, but at least you have a team.”

            “I'm sorry you didn't make it,” then he changed his tune, “no, I take that back,” Jilli looked at him a little hurt, “I wouldn't want to face you in a match, because you are the best chaser this school has. Malfoy is the biggest dumb-ass for not giving you a position on the Slytherin team.”