Chapter 1

Authors note: this fanfic was made by both voltronismyreligion and kitkatstrider69 and this is our first joint story so sorry if it's a bit all over the place, we hope you like it ;)

Lance pov:

So imagine your just there in chemistry class, clicking your pen, copying your best mates answers, Pidge. He's super smart and he's in the grade below but was moved up in science which is great so he can save your ass from failing. The class had just started and your currently getting in groups of 3 for the science fair. The only person you could team up with was Pidge, it's not a bad thing since you let your best bro Hunk go with his gf Shay and her best friend. The teacher walks around assigning projects to each group and realised there was only the two of us. She was fine with that. But all of a sudden some cute kid I've never seen before turns up running through the door making an entrance just before the late bell struck. "Who is he?" Pidge whispers to me, and the teacher walks over to greet him. I watched Miss. Benson talk to him, "Shit, why is the new kid coming towards us?" Pidge whispers to me again, I reply, "we have to work in groups of 3 remember!! And I wouldn't complain, he could be smart for all we know." "or he could be a slacker!!' Pidge responded, "boys, this is our new student, Keith, as you guys have only a group of two it would be fitting for Keith to join your group! I hope that shouldn't be a problem" "sure that's fine! Hi I'm lance, nice to see a new face around here." "and I'm Pidge! You won't see me in any of your other classes other than math, I'm a 8th grader, just got some brain" "uhhh hey, nice to meet you guys." As the teacher walks away, we begin to talk about our project. Keith isn't really one for talking but I'm sure we'll get alone just fine.

Keith pov (back before the bell):

I ran as quickly as I could to the class which i believe is my class, luckily for me I was right and full attention was on me as I burst through the door. I stop for a second for a second to catch my breath and jump a little as the bell goes. A young female teacher approached me with a welcoming smile on her face as I look around at my new class. "Sorry I'm late, I'm Keith, keith kogane, I'm new." "Welcome! I'm miss. Benson, I'll be your science teacher, we're currently doing chemistry and preparing for the science fair. I'm sure you'll be able to work with the boys over there!" I follow the teacher who leads to two boys. One tall with dark brown hair and ocean blue eyes with a smile on his face, the other a lot shorter, a bit feminine looking but could probably kick your ass.

Time skip —-> (you've read this conversation)

Authors pov:

The boys settle into the lesson. Keith seemed to settle in quite well, especially since it was hard for him to make friends in his last school, everyone he cared for pushed him away. But it was different here, Lance and Pidge actaully liked him. Lance was full of jokes and just seemed to make Keith smile, on the other hand, Pidge was just funny in general and didn't really need to do much to make Keith smile. The project assigned to them was to do with fire and candles.
(If you want to look at the project here's a link ;) https://gb.education.com/download-pdf/science-fair/50940/ ).
Pidge started to rant on to them about what needed to be done and who would do what. "The materials we need are: lighter/matches, scale, ruler, calculator, timer, pen and paper and a keen mind!" Pidge says in a game show host voice. But Keith and lance weren't listening instead their eyes were interlocked with each over, admiring the true beauty. "Are you guys even listening?" '
"Uhhhh what yeah something about matches?"
Lance says. 'I bet me and keith would be a good match' lance thought to himself. Lance was openly bisexual, and has a 50'50 liking for girls and boys. He'd never miss an opportunity to hit on a cute guy. "Uhh, yeah matches," Keith adds. After a little explaining, "Hey keith, If you want you can hang out with us during breaks since I'm guessing you don't have any friends other than us yet," Pidge offers. "I mean I've got my older brother shiro in 10th grade but it would be cool to have some other people to hang out with, thanks." Lance just smiles at Keith causing Keith to become nervous and starts to pull his beanie over his face. Finally the bell rang and it was time for next period.

A/N: we post a new chapter every Wednesday so look out for the next chapter :)