Author's Note - Thoughts & Character Breakdowns

Start from the beginning

Dre! Lol Lemme be honest and say that I seriously considered ending this story with Kyra and Dre being together. Now in saying that, it was only because I was thinking about possibly giving a fucked up ending lmfaooo Had Kyra not gotten into the accident, Nicole's baby wouldn't have been his but she would have been cheating on him with RJ :/ I didn't wanna fuck him over like that lol He loved her for the most part.... when he wasn't acting like a bitch ass nigguh lmfao. Tbh, Dre was just for show lol His only purpose was to be the nigguh that was opposite RJ. Their relationship was never gonna last, it was never gonna blossom, he was just puppy love. ALSO, WHILE WE'RE TALKING ABOUT HIM, CAN I POINT OUT THAT HE, HIS SISTER AND HIS MOTHER ARE BROWN SKINNED. Apparently people think that everybody in this story was lightskin with green eyes or light eyes or whatever. No. That is false. And to be honest, it doesn't even matter. Ya'll are free to imagine my chracters to look like whatever you want them to. I just give discriptions for the people who need them. And the discriptions I gave were not all the same. Dre and his sister, although casted by lightskinned people, were always meant to be brown skinned. Kyra is caramel, Mia is a littler darker than the twins because she's from Trinidad, Sire was chocolate colored, RJ is lightskinned and so is Nicole because they're mixed. Mario was caramel because he was latino and black,  RJ's friend Derrick was chocolate skinned, like, there was a beautiful ass rainbow of color in this story. Those complaints kinda ticked me off..... But I digress.

Nicoleeeeeee lmfao. Wait, wait, wait. First let me say this. Nicole was by far the most fun person to write POVs for! Lmfao. The bitch is crazy lmfao straight up. She's coniving, manipulative, mean, evil, nasty, everything bad and everything that is associated with ratchet, is Nicole lmfao. But that is exactly why it was so much fun writing her. I could type the most off the wall shit and it would work just because you never know what the fuck she's gonna say/do lmao. The briliant idea of making her pregnant was probably my favorite thing about her character because now she had some leverage. Now she could finally attempt to justify her bullshit and it also gave me an excuse to break up Kyra and Dre before RJ got out of jail. It just lined up so perfectly with the plot, omg. I was thanking the writing gods for that idea lol. But yeah, it was so much fun writing her POVs. I also thought about developing her character a little more after the phone call scene before she goes to visit RJ but I decided not to. It would have made the story a lot longer and I was sort've rushing to finish.

Let's talk about RJ! So RJ is my second favorite chracter in the story. Of course for obvious reasons as well, like sex appeal, yasss GAWD lmfao. But RJ is more than just a sex symbol for me. He's extremely smart, very talented and he lives by a code of ethics. Had I known of August Alsina before I thought of RJ, I would have used August Alsina instead of Bow Wow as his cast listing because August Alsina is the exact nigguh I think of when I think of RJ. A hood ass, rnb signin nigguh lmao. I swear August Alsina IS RJ lol. Although to me, RJ looks better than August and has more body. August is kinda skinny lmao. But anyways... yeah, RJ represents everything I love in a hood nigguh. He's smart, his every move is calculated and he can see right through everybody's bullshit, especially Kyra's. He has this presence that demands your attention when he walks into a room and when he talks, it comes out smooth deliberate. He knows exactly what to say and how to say it. And I struggled a lot with balancing his hood nigguh side with his smart nigguh side. I honestly go back and read some of his POVs and I'm like "is that even the same nigguh" lmao. But I been writin this story for over 3 years now so of course there are a lot of plot changes and inconsistencies.

Which brings me to my next point. This story is 3 years old! Lmfao I been writing this thing since February of 2011. I've been way to lazy to go back and fix all the inconsistencies and name changes and typos... all that shit. So I'm sorry if some characters names changed by accident or if some characters disappeared or got left out of the plot as time went on. It just happened because I've been writing this foreverrrr. Also why I'm ending it so abruptly. I have 12 gotdamn stories lmao and only 1 other one is finished. I'm trying my hardest to end as many stories as I can so that I can start pushing out fresh ideas for you guys. So if the ending seems rushed, I'm sorry. I just really needed to put a cap on this.

Speaking of rushed ending... sorry for all the time jumps :/ lmfao like legit, I hated added all those time jumps to the last chapter, but it had to be done. Otherwise I would never end this story and I was supposed to BEEN end this story WEEKS ago lmao. So yeah... sorry about that :|

Umm, I guess I'll briefly explain the importance of Kira, Kyra's mother in the story. To be honest, I kinda used Kira's death as an excuse for a lot of the things Kyra did that were wrong. I originally wanted Kyra's behavior change to be because she was mourning her mom but in actuality, Kyra had changed because she decided to stop being so dependent on her family. It was time for her to grow up and start taking control of her life and so that's what she did. Some of her choices were stupid but that comes with being a young adult. And her relationship with RJ had also helped form who she became. His mannarisms and personality traits had rubbed off on her and vice versa. RJ never really stopped being bad, which I'm happy about, but he had made some changes. He wasn't afraid of admitting his feelings anymore but he wasn't a bitch either. They balanced each other out but in different ways. He added some flavor to her personality and in return, she eliminated his man-whoring. Also I would like to point out that it was very important for James and De'Ava to see so much of Kira in Kyra. James had essentially been RJ and Kira was Kyra. It was like one generation of the main chracters was being raised by an older genration just like them. I had thought about writing a prequel for Kira and James but... Idk my heart wouldn't be in. I wouldn't feel like doin all the proper research and stuff to write about teenagers/young adults in the 80's lol. 

And last but not least, the dreaded question: Will there be a sequel/part2 ?

If I were to say yes, the sequel would not contain the original chracters. I hate trying to make sequels for chracters I've already dealt with, especially if it took me forever and a day to write the original story, and lke I said, it took me 3 years just to fiish this one lol. It would just take entirely too long to think of ways to continue this story. So yeah, if I do decide to do a sequel, it will be with a brand new cast of character and a different plot. But I'm not saying yes OR no right now. I'm just leavin it at 'we'll see'. :)

Thanks for reading if you stayed long enough to read lol

Feel free to ask me any questions you have a bout anything or any of the caracters and be sure to tell me your thoughts and such about the story and what you agree and disagree with. I'm always open to feedback.