Chapter 36: Begin Again pt.2

Hey ya'lls! I likeddddd writing this chapter sooooo much, omg. I think RJ's character development came off so good. I feel like I been writing his POV's so danggone hood that I be forgetting this nigguh is smart as hell too. He's way more complex than just bein a hood nigguh who's overly sexual and I feel like I captured a bit of his intelligent, insightful side in this chapter. But anyways, comment, vote, enjoy!

-Kyra-

I pulled my shades off my nose as I stepped through the door of the correctional facility. I'd only been to a prison once before. It was with my Uncle Rex and he'd brought me to work with him one day when I was younger. He'd attempted his own version of scaring me straight, although I didn't need it, especially not at the age of 7. He was only a guard back then but not he's a cop. Still, the place seemed just as gritty and cold as the last time. Going through security was the ultimate hassle, having to get patted down and going through the metal detectors numerous times was irritating enough, but it wasn't enough to make me wanna forget about it and go home. I'd come all this way to see RJ and that's what I intended to do. After waiting almost 45 minutes, a female guard called for me and the other women and children in attendance to follow her to the visitor's area. I took a seat at one of the tables pushed into the corner and waited. After a few minutes a heavy metal door swung open and men ranging in age, height and race, wearing the same orange jumpsuits, slowly flowed through it. After searching their faces and seeing most of them walk off in a direction that wasn't mine, I started to feel confused. Where was he? No one else was coming out of the open metal door. Where was RJ?

"Is someone here to see a Roman Gotti Jr.?" called a guard. The room went quiet for a second before I stood and raised my hand. All eyes landed on me as I made my way to the guard.

"Follow me." he said, walking through the metal door. I followed closely behind him, my new Louboutin's clacking against the hard floor being the only noise to fill the wide hallway. He stopped short at one of the doors and opened it. I stepped into the room and my eyes landed on him.

"RJ." I said his name, momentarily surprised to see him. His eyes raked over me, shock written in his features.

"Kyra? What are you doing here?" he said, standing from his seat.

"You have 45 minutes." said the guard before he turned and left the room. I watched the door close before I turned my attention back to RJ. He stood in the same place, a shocked expression still on his face.

"Hey..." I said, attempting to break the tension. I kept my facial expression nuetral as I stared back at him.

"...Hey."

-RJ-

Was I dreamin? I mean... I had to be. What was she doin here? I thought I wouldn't ever see her again. Damn, she looks good. The picture in that magazine didn't do her justice at all. I was gettin on hard just lookin at her. Dressed in a leather shirt and leggings and some heels with red bottoms, she was still on top of her fashion game. But that was to be expected. Kyra was always a step ahead of the rest as far as the way she dressed herself.

"How you been?" she said, takin a seat on the other side of the table. I sat down too, still in awe. How long had I been chasin this girl and was barely able to say two words to her, and now that I was giving up on the chase, she was right here in my face.

"I'm good... a little confused.. but good." I answered honestly. She fidgeted with her hands as her eyes roamed my face.

"You look good. Jail hasn't seemed to phase you at all." she spoke. I took my time answering her.

"It's not a vacation but it's not anything I can't handle. I read mostly, and keep to myself, exercise when I get the chance. But let's not talk about me. The last time we spoke, it wasn't on very good terms, so I'm a bit curious as to why you're here. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see you, but I know damn well you ain't here to make small talk. What's up, Kyra?" I asked her, getting to the point. She was pussyfooting and it had started since the moment she walked through the door. She came here for a purpose and I intended to see what it was. After all, I never expected to see her again, let alone see her here.