Chapter 10: Welcome To The Hood Pt.3

"Ay, you hungry?" RJ asked me as we sat on the bed in his room. We had been amusing ourselves for hours now, just doing stupid stuff. We've played hide and seek, wrestled, played basketball, played video games, watched movies, anything we could think of. I was havin fun with RJ, though. He just made everything fun. We were equally competetive and it was cool just goofin around like little kids all day.

"Yeah. What've you got to eat?" I asked. I laid on my side with my arm propped up on his stomach, staring up at his T.V. I looked down at him as he looked up at his T.V. upside down, playing with the remote.

"Whatever you want. I can ask the chef to make it." he said as he glanced up at me. I sat up on his bed and folded my legs Indian style.

"Jerk chicken and yams?" I asked. He sat up and pulled his phone out of his pocket. He dialed some numbers and then placed the reciever to his ear as I looked at him curiously.

"Yo, Manuel. Make me some jerk chicken and yams, with some peach cobbler and vanilla ice cream. . . .  Alright, and make sure it's enough to feed two people. I got company." he said into the phone. He glanced over at me when he said the last part. I stared back at him, genuinely shocked.

"Cool." he said before he hung up.

"See? Easy as that." he said with a smile as he laid back down. I shook my head.

"It must be nice to be rich, huh?" I asked in astonishment. He shrugged impartially.

"It has it's perks." he said. I gave him a look before I rolled my eyes and shook my head  again. We both went back to watchin T.V. in silence before I remebered something.

"So you never told me how old you are." I said after a few minutes.

"I'm 19. I'll be 20 in a few weeks." he said continuing to stare up at his T.V. I nodded.

"How you celebratin?" I asked. This made him smirk before he looked up at me.

"Gettin a limo and goin out wit my niggas to the club then rentin a hotel room and invitin all the baddest bitches I know to come and give a nigga a happy birthday present, if you catch my drift." he said. I shook my head at him. By this time, I should have expected him to say somethin like that. RJ was bluntly honest about everything whether it was polite or not. He was true to his word too. He had told me that his intentions with me were to fuck me, which at first I took offense to but once I realized that only I had the power to control whether that was going to happen or not, I relaxed. He couldn't do anything that I didn't allow him to do. But after he had said that, he also said that he thinks I'm cool and that he'll refrain from actually coming on to me because he looks at me as more of a friend. I appreciated that fact but still remined cautious in my actions around him. RJ might not have been tryin to, but he was definitely flirting with me every chance he got. I chalked it up to him being a natural flirt and not even realizing it and just dismissed his attempts at makin me flustered.

"And speakin of bad bitches, you're invited." he grinned at me. I told you. The boy was flirtin left and right.

"RJ, please refrain from callin me a bitch. Thank you." I looked down at him with an annoyed expression although a smile played on my lips.

"I didn't call you a bitch, I called you a bad bitch. There's a difference." he said, continuing to grin at me. He had been doing this all day. If I said something was white, he'd say it was black. If I said up, he'd say down. It was like he loved to annoy me!

"A bitch is a bitch, no matter what word you put in front of it. So like I said, please refrain from callin me a bitch. Thank you." I said.

"Why you actin all proper, Ms. Snooty Booty? You act like you ain't never called one of yo girls a bitch before." he said. I looked down at him.