Chapter 39: Surprise, Bitch pt.2 (cliffy >:})

Okay so like... I know I promised it would be longer, but I honestly just rethought where I wanted to take this story lol. Like I knew what I wanted to write when I sat down but I just had this great ass idea of a different direction I wanted to go in and I had to make it a cliff-hanger so that it could be powerful enough *laughs like an evil genius* lol. The part AFTER this will be the long drawn out chapter ya'll deserve. But for now, enjoy, vote, comment, curse me out, all that shit lol. Much Love xoxo -Rae.

-Dre-

I dribbled the ball to half court, pausing as I made a flawless 3-pointer. The faint sound of a 'swoosh' made me smile. I was king of the court. This was my muvfuckin element. I prided myself on bein a humble ass dude, but on the court? You couldn't tell me shit. I had worked way too hard and built my brand way too strong for anybody to ever doubt that I was the next Jordan, the new and improved King James. I was Dre Jones, the best power forward in the league.

As I was makin my way to the other side of the court for the rebound, coach called my name. I looked over to him and standin next to him was the secretary who answered the phones at the front desk of the practice facility. Coach waved me over and I jogged to where he stood. The look on his face was irritation but I didnt know what for. I wasn't ball-hoggin and my form on that last shot was flawless. What could he be irritated about?

"Jones, somebody is out in the reception area for you. Make it quick, this isn't social hour." he said. I looked at him, confused and then glanced over at the receptionist. She motioned for me to follow her out of the gym and into the office area and I followed her still confused as to what was goin on. Somebody was here to see me? I followed her into the recption area and as soon as I spotted her, she was screaming at me.

"YOU GOT THAT BITCH PREGNANT! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU, DRE! I NEVER THOUGHT YOU WERE THIS FUCKING STUPID!" yelled Mia. I stood there in shock. How the fuck did Mia even find out Nicole was pregnant?! I haven't told a soul! And most importantly, why is she up here causin a scene like the mufuckas won't be quick, fast, and in a hurry to call up a tabloid and spread this shit like wild fire? I had to get this shit under control and FAST.

"Mia, yo calm the fuck down. Let's step outside." I said, as I walked out of the double doors, her close behind me. Once we made it outside, I turned around.

"Are you stupid? Like... NIGGA... yuh 'ave one of di 'ighest IQ's inna di country, and yuh do sum STUPID ting like DIS?! Are yuh fucking DUMB?!" she yelled, her accent thick. 

"First of all, you just answered yo own question. And second of all, how the fuck did you even find out? I haven't said shit to anybody. Did Nicole tell you?" I asked, worry growin in my stomach. If she told Mia, it was no doubt in my mind that it was for the purpose of tellin Kyra, and if that was the case, I swear to God I was about to murk this bitch. 

"Oh you don't wanna fucking know how I know, Dre." she angrily chuckled like she knew something I didn't. My jaw tightened in irritation.

"How the fuck did you find out?!"

"KYRA! She saw the bitch in Whole Foods a couple hours ago! I told her about her followin you out here to L.A. and I guess she put two and two together." she said, makin my stomach drop into my ass. Leave it to fucking Nicole to be in the right place at the right fuckin time.

"FUCK!" I said, upper-cuttin thin air. No doubt Kyra was was pissed, I already knew it. All hell was about to break loose tonight and there wasn't shit I could do about it. Even if I explained that there was a possibility that the baby wasn't mine, Kyra would be too stubborn to hear me out and she damn sure wasn't about to stick around  and wait 3 months for a paternity test. Kyra ALWAYS acts on her emotions, it never fails. And right now, she was too pissed to listen to reason. And to think, this is exactly what the fuck I wanted to talk to her about when I got home. But Nicole's stupid ass beat me to the punch without even tryin. I hate that bitch.

"I'm surprised she didn't come straight here to come fuck you up. I been tryna call her back for two hours now, she has yet to pick up." said Mia. I looked at her, a worrisome feeling in my stomach. Without another word I walked back into the facility and went to the locker room to get my iphone outta my gym bag. I unlocked the screen and pulled down the status bar. Not one missed call or text message from Kyra. The shit scared me, to be honest. Mia was right, the Kyra I know would've hopped right in her car and drove up here to cause a scene. Somethin was wrong and I could feel it in my stomach. I quickly went to my call log and pressed her name. I held the phone to my ear as I waited anxiously for her to pick up. To my dismay, it went straight to voicemail. I hung up and called again, same result. I hung up again and decided to shoot her a text.

<Babe, where you at??>

I waited a few minutes for her reply.

<Kyra, come on, plz. I know you mad but please, tell me where you at so I can come meet you and we can talk about it...>

I waited a good ten more minutes before Coach came into the locker room looking for me.

"Jones, didn't I say make it quick? If it's not a family emergency, get your ass back on the court, now!" he demanded. I kissed my teeth and pressed the 'sleep' button, tossin it in my bag. I loved Kyra and it was important that we talked this shit out, but if she wasn't gonna asnwer my calls or texts, I would have to deal with this shit after practice. As we were on our way out of the locker room, I heard my phone ring. At the risk of pissing Coach off again, I turned around and went back to my gym bag, grabbin the phone and answering it without even looking at the callerID.

"Jones! Hang up the phone!" I waved him off.

"Hello? Baby? Where you at? Can we please talk this shit out?" I spoke.

"Hello sir? I'm calling you because your number appeared most frequently on Ms. Ford's call log. Ms. Ford was in an accident and we're trying to contact her next of kin." spoke a clam, remorseful voice that wasn't Kyra's.

I froze.

"Sir?................. Sir? ........ Mr. Jones?"