Chapter 44 (Wrath: Defiant Rage)

Start from the beginning

Shatana: "So in the end... not a single blow has landed on me but... Why do I feel like barfing though... and this dizzy feeling... Original...? Ugeh~ Eggplants! Why is she eating eggplants!?"

Nepgear: "So she was experiencing all those distractions and yet she's still able to beat us?"

Edge gear: "It's because you kept getting in my way."

Nepgear: "No... you were the one getting in my way."

Shatana: "Enough."

...Shatana's heavy voice silenced the girls...

Shatana: "Reflect on what happened today, you two are dismissed..."

...Shatana fixed her shirt and dusted off her shorts and started heading to the basilicom... She pulls out her holo phone and contacts Neptunio.

Shatana: "Hey Daddy, what's going on with Original?"

Genesis (Phone): "We're feeding her eggplants here in the Emerald forest, hopefully one of the Inheritors show up."

Shatana: "This condescending tone... Genesis... easy on the eggplants will ya, I'm feeling a bit sick here..."

...Shatana leaves as she spoke with Genesis...

Nepgear: "..."

Edge Gear: "..."

...The two we're left in silence as they contemplate on their actions.

Nepgear: "Hey... Can you please tell me what happened after you fought the Deity of Sin?"

Edge Gear: "Why would you care?"

Nepgear: "Because... I've listened to your story, about what you did, but I know deep in my heart, that you only did what you thought was right... So in order to fully understand you, I'd like to know more... More about the 'me' who took a different path."

Edge Gear: "You'd go that far... fine... but you'll have to tell me about your adventures as well, that way I can fully understand as well, or better yet."

Nepgear: "Or better yet..."

Edge Gear / Nepgear: "I'll show you through recordings!"

...The two shared the same line again, but unlike before, no malice was present in their eyes, but it was wonder, excitement...

Edge Gear: "Let's go wash up first though, I can still feel some dirt in my shoes."

Nepgear: "Yeah, hey! Want me to rub your back? I've been practicing it with sis, I bet it'll feel good."

Edge Gear: "Hmm... Why not, I'm kinda curious about something anyway."

Nepgear: "About what?"

Edge Gear: "You'll know later."

Nepgear: "Okay."

...And so for now the two had a truce... Let's check on The Neps in the Basilicom

Neptunio: <That was not a good Idea at all...>

Genesis: "Tell me about it..."

Neptunio: <Well at least we're still in one piece...>

Genesis: "Barely... Did they really had to gang up on us?"

Neptunio: <To think that all three of them would show up... There was no way for us to win...>

Genesis: "Had to drag the twerp away too... this is so not cool."

Neptunio: <How is she?>

Neptune: "...................................."

Genesis: "Still traumatized..."