Truth and Lies

Warnings: Crying, injury mentions. Please inform me if there are any more.

_______________________________________

“He’s waking up, I think.”

“So is Roman,”

“Should we separate them?”

“No, it’s way past twelve. It should be good.”

The voices echo, becoming more clear as I gain my consciousness.

“But..what if they fight?”

“Then we’ll stop them. They need to rest.”

I hesitantly open my eyes, seeing Patton hovering over me. It’s not that bright, but my eyes burn anyway. I blink and turn my head away from the light source, seeing someone else beside me, also laying down. Roman?

“How ya doing, Virgil?” Thomas questions, approaching the bottom of the bed.

I give a simple grunt in response, too tired to speak.

I hold my palm up to my forehead, feeling like my head is going to explode.

Mhm, everything hurts.

I feel moving beside me and look over. Seems like Roman’s waking up. He opens his eyes, then looks to me.

A small silence crosses the room, like they’re expecting something to happen.

“Time ‘sit?” I look over to Logan.

He checks his watch, “6:00am.”

..

6:00am?

That means..

Princey and I shoot up, but Patton and Logan gently push us back down in unison.

“You two are in no condition to be doing that,” Logan speaks, “Roman, try not to move your arms to much. Your wounds may reopen.”

“6:00am..does that mean..is it over?” I question.

“I assume so, or you would have woken up like the other times at 4:00am.” Logan answers.

..

..End.

It ended.

..

It’s done..

..

..It’s..over.

..

“..Virgil?”…“are you alright?” Roman asks, snapping me back to reality.

“Y-yeah, ’m fine.” I mumble back.

“Alright, well, you two need to rest. Patton, Thomas, let’s leave them be for now.” Logan orders, heading to the door.

“Wait, what?” Princey questions, sitting up as they begin to leave.

“I’m not tired.” I add, also sitting up.

“You may not be tired, but your body sure is. After a panic attack, your body will need some rest. So as far as I’m concerned, you two are going back to sleep.” The others head out, saying their goodbyes as they leave, but Logan stops at the door. “And Roman, try not to turn too much, if you will.” Then he exits, closing the door behind him and walking off with the others.

He just..left.

They just left.

I’m not tired.