"A Letter to You" Kim Yugyeom (GOT7)

author's note
in this story you and yugyeom as both high school students, and  got7 is not a thing yet. and i know that yugyeom majored in street dance during his high school years but let's just pretend that he didn't hahaha. in this story yugyeom actually doesn't even like dancing yet! also pretend that you are older than yugyeom please
-------------------------------------------

(y/n)'s POV:
"Why can't you hangout with me today~" Yugyeom whined, clinging on the sleeve of my jacket as we stood next to each other on the train.
"I told you already." I quietly giggled, "I have dance practice then cram lessons today. I don't have time to hangout."
"Why do you always have dance practices?" He adorably pouted, "You never have time to hangout with me anymore. I understand going to cram school, since many students do and your parents want you in cram school."
"I don't always have dance classes, silly." I playfully pushed him while giggling. "Dance practices are expensive so only a few times a month I can go."
"Well it seems like you're always at dance practices." Yugyeom sighed, a little frown on his face.
"Well I like dancing." I quickly tapped his nose, hoping to get him to smile a little. "It's a good way to stay in shape and I'd love to be a professional dancer when we're older."
"But it means that you don't have time to hangout with me." Yugyeom quickly embraced me as the train quickly came to a stop; no matter how many times I take the train, I'm still horrible at not falling over when the vehicle came to a stop.
"O-Oh, s-sorry." I stuttered, leaving his arms as fast as he wrapped them around me; no matter how many times he did this, it always left my heart racing.
"It's fine." He giggled at my embarrassed response. "You don't need to get all flustered every time! I just don't want you to fall, aish." But despite his cool act, I could see the little bit of blush that shaded his face a beautiful light pink.
"Actually, you're not doing anything today right?" I quickly changed the subject and Yugyeom smiled.
"I was just planning on hanging out with you but since you rejected me-" He fake whined, both of us now laughing a little. "I'm free until my piano lessons later tonight."
"Then come with me to dance practice! I'll pay for you." I looked at Yugyeom and only got a confused look in response. "Well you're always complaining about not being able to hangout with me. So let's both go to the dance lesson. You'll like it anyways."
"Are you sure? That sounds weird." Yugyeom scrunched up his face like he always does when he doesn't like something. "Can I even just randomly join? I probably can't even dance, it'll be awkward and strange."
"New people join all the time and I don't even go to every practice so it's fine. If you don't like it, you won't have to go again." I pouted at him, "At least try once~ please~"
"Fine." Yugyeom sighed, "But after you owe me!"
"I'm paying for your class!" I whined back, my poor bank account will be so empty.
"I'll treat you to a dinner then." He smiled before pulling me close to his chest again. My heart nearly stopped as I heard him whisper, probably to himself, but I was close enough to hear him anyways. "I just want to spend more time with you, that's all."

Why does this train have so many stops before the one I need to get off at? My heart raced as I heard Yugyeom's heart pounding against his chest. I would have giggled if I wasn't so embarrassed. Did this make him nervous too? Before anything else happened, his arms quickly returned to his sides and I inched away from him. We were silent until I heard the train announcement a few minutes later that we were near the stop that I was going to get off on.

Yugyeom's POV:
"We're getting off at this one, okay?" (y/n) gently tapped my shoulder as she began walking towards the train door. I quickly followed her and joined the crowd of people surrounding the train door.
"Okay." I paused as she grabbed my hand. "Wh-What are you doing?"
"You've never gotten off at this stop before, I don't want you to get lost here." She quietly mumbled, "There's going to be a lot of people in the station and they all know exactly where they're going. So if you don't stay close to me, you'll get lost."
"I'm not a little child (y/n). I know that this is the stop you take for your precious dance lessons." I pretended to be angry but actually reveled in the fact that she was holding me hand. Even if it was embarrassing that she felt the need to lead me around like I was clueless.

Then before I knew it, the train came to a stop and the doors opened. (y/n) held my hand tighter as we exited the train and I was quickly amazed by all the people at this station. Of course, they were all aggressively power walking to their destinations and a few of them had already bumped into me but this station still amazed me. It's nothing like my boring train stop, still quite a distance from the city; this one was completely packed. I smiled as looked at (y/n)'s hand holding mine. A countless sea of thoughts overwhelmed my mind as I thought about the dance lesson I'd be joining and I prayed that I wouldn't embarrass myself or anything stupid.

After only a few minutes walk, we arrived at the dance studio. As soon as we arrived, (y/n) let go of my hand and I could see the cute blush on her face. My own face was probably also covered in a light shade of pink but, I didn't really care. I kind of just spaced out as (y/n) talked to someone at the counter before she turned back to me to talk. 

"Yugyeom, are you fine dancing in your school uniform? Do you have clothes to change into?" She asked while the person behind the counter glared a me a bit.
"Well I didn't plan on coming here so I don't have anything to change into." I paused, it'd be weird dancing in my school uniform. "Is it fine if I just watch your practice and bring clothes next time and join that one instead?"
"You sure?" (y/n) sadly looked at me, "I'd feel bad if you just sat here while I danced."
"It's fine." I smiled, "I'll just do my homework here in the lobby."
"I guess so..." (y/n) cutely pouted, "Sorry Yugyeom. But you can watch if you want to, right?"
"Ummm, I don't think he really can. It depends on your instructor." The lady behind the counter sharply said while a frown formed on (y/n)'s face.
"Really, don't worry about it." I laughed a bit, hoping to make her feel better. "Next time, okay? Just promise you'll have dinner with me tonight?"
"Of course!" And with that (y/n) said goodbye and went to whatever room she was having the dance practice in while I began to do my homework in the lobby.

time skip to after your practice!
(y/n)'s POV:
As soon as my practice was over, I went over to Yugyeom in the lobby. There was a precious, adorable look on his face as he worked on his homework. He didn't even notice me because he was so focused on the assignment. Or at least that's what I thought it was before I quickly peeked at the paper in his hands. It was a letter addressed to some girl. I didn't want to eavesdrop too much so I quickly sat next to him and sighed, letting my head rest on his shoulder.

"You always complain I don't make the time to hangout with you but you don't even notice me when I'm here." I sighed as I felt him tense underneath me.
"Ah! (y/n), sorry." He quickly panicked, shoving the paper into his backpack. "I was just busy, writing my assignment."
"If it's your assignment then you shouldn't crumple it like that..." I reached towards his backpack to retrieve the paper. But soon enough, Yugyeom's long arm snatched the crumpled paper out of my hand.
"That isn't yours, leave it alone okay?" He nervously stuttered while putting the paper away. "Let's go eat now!"

We began walking down the street towards some restaurant Yugyeom said he saw during the walk from the station but my mind was still fixated on that letter. Who could he write it for? What girl was he writing a letter for and why? Why'd he address it 'noona,' he doesn't have an older sister. So many questions went through my mind that I didn't even notice we arrived at the restaurant. Shortly after the waitress put us at a table, Yugyeom went to the bathroom. The second he left the table, I grabbed that letter out of his backpack. I know it is a wrong thing to do but he's my best friend. I had to know.

Dear Noona:

I've wanted to tell you this for a while but even more so now that I'm sitting here at your dance practice, waiting for you. Can I go from being your best friend to being your boyfriend? It might seem silly or awkward or something but I really like you. Sorry if you don't like me back. And I probably shouldn't tell you this but shortly after your practice started the lady from the counter asked me if we were dating. I really wanted to say yes. So can we please date? I'm actually really happy that you invited me to your dance practice even if I couldn't participate or watch. I get to spend more time with you now and you even said yes to having a dinner with me. We have had dinners together before but maybe during this one, you'll respond to my confession. Or maybe I shouldn't confess to you, it's embarrassing. This whole situation is embarrassing. I just want you to know that I like you but I don't want to ruin our friendship and I'm too nervous to tell you directly. I really like you and I hope you like me too.