"Friend" Kim Seokjin (BTS)

author's note
i wrote this instead of doing homework because i hate all the students at my school but i love you all so much. literally all of my wattpad readers are the nicest people to me and you guys deserve the entire world. i hope you guys all had a better day than i did! and sorry this one is a little short
--------------------------------------------------------------

(y/n)'s POV:
An exhausted sigh escaped my mouth as I threw myself onto my bed as soon as I got home from school. It's like this everyday, I reminded myself, stop letting it get to you. I mentally scolded myself again as I curled up into a little ball lost among the sea of blankets around me. I let my warm blankets surround me as hot tears fell down my face. I already knew the girls in my school hated me, I already knew that I annoy them to no end just by existing. I know that I should stop worrying about it. I should just disregard everything they say. So why do I still feel this way whenever they insult me? 

I remained crying in bed for so long that my legs began to ache and I felt depressed into my bed. My limbs felt too heavy to even consider moving. Another sigh filled the room as I looked at the time, I've managed to waste two hours like this. I grabbed my backpack, deciding that I can't procrastinate on my work any longer. But instead of pulling out all of my assignments and notebooks, I took my phone out. I checked it to see thirty-eight messages and five phone calls. A little smile formed on my face, I already knew who sent me all of these. I quickly called the number.

"(y/n)! Don't do that again!" Jin scolded into the phone, "I told you that last time you were like this and I thought you said you wouldn't!"
"Sorry." I held back my laughter as I could imagine how panicked and worried Jin is. "It's not my fault all the girls at school are mean."
"Yeah but you can't just leave like that!" Jin sighed, "Where are you now anyways? Why didn't you respond to me earlier?"
"I went home and took a nap." I lied, yawning in hopes to fool him.
"Oh my, what am I going to do with you (y/n)? You went home and took a nap, sure you did." He sarcastically remarked before continuing. "Well you better still be at your house because I'll be there in four minutes."
"Why are you like this?" I giggled, "I'm fine, really. I'm just tired."
"You can't use that excuse (y/n)!" He quickly added, "I know you, if you're tired you wouldn't be like this. You always wait and walk home with me."
"But your after school club lasts so long~" I whined, really hoping he'd just drop the issue at this point. "I really was tired, so I just took a nap."
"You know, I could get those girls to stop being so mean to you?" There was a short silence as Jin waited for me to respond but I had no idea what to say. "Really (y/n), we've been best friends for as long as I can remember. Just because you don't want other students to dislike me doesn't mean you should suffer like this."
"Don't talk to them Jin or I swear-" He cut me off.
"Open your front door, I'm here and I have food for you." He ended the call.

I tiredly opened the front door to reveal a smiling Jin with a few plastic bags in his hands. The plastic bags quickly hit the ground and before I could do anything, he pulled me into a tight hug. Since he was still standing outside, the cold winter air began to surround me. But all that bitter, cold air seemed to fade away as Jin's warm arms kept me in the embrace. A smiled and hugged Jin back. I never needed to tell him anything, he always knew. Every time I felt horrible and sad, he knew. No matter how much I'd try to convince him I'm fine, Jin just knew that it's not fine. And he always was there to help make it better. His hugs always lifted all the horrible things out of my life.

We hugged for what felt like seconds, but was actually a minute or so, before Jin placed me back in my house and I let him in. He handed me the plastic bags as I shut the door and he began to take off his backpack, jacket, and sneakers. I just smiled to myself as I waited for him. But as soon as he was done taking off his sneakers, he pulled me into another hug.

"(y/n)," he whispered, "never forget that I'm here for you, okay? I'll be your friend no matter what. Even if it seems like there's no one in the world left for you, I'll make it to you. It might take me a while, but I'll always come when you need me, okay? I know you don't like talking about it and you don't want other people to help you. But let me help you. I'll always be there to help you. That's what friends are for."