Chapter 3

When Emma had bumped into Matt, she had fallen on her butt. "Look I am really sorry." Emma said. "Like I said love, no big deal." Matt said as he helped her up. "So you got yourself in trouble with the law I see." Matt said. "Well, ha funny story. Not in trouble. Henry Mills, well he is my son. I gave him up for adoption and he found me. Then he got mad at his mom and ran away so I needed to help look for him.  So I am staying awhile." "Well, you learn something new everyday. I am Matt, but you most likely hear me as Dr. Matt, doctor of the E.R." Matt said with confidence and a smirk. "Nice to meet you, my name is Emma. You will know me as the mystery girl this town." "Not anymore. So when are you leaving?" Matt asked. "Well in a week or so. Just getting out of the city." "Well then Emma, perhaps you would like to have diner." Matt said. "Well.." Emma started and then was cut off by Matt. "Meet me at the hospital. Come on in and wait by the door. We can have diner together, on me. See you then." Matt said and then waved goodbye and walked away. Emma couldn't help but smile and giggle.

When she got back to the hotel she used the computer that was in her room. She searched all night trying to find out more about Matt. She couldn't even find Storybrooke. She called all over asking about this town, and everyone thought she was crazy. She laid awake all night trying to process this whole thing. But what really kept her awake was what Matt had said to her, about dinner with him. She had just met this guy and now she is having diner with him.

Emma called Mary Margret the next morning. "Wait, WHAT? He asked you out on a date. He never asks anyone out on a date. You must be special. Mary Margret said with excitement. They already acted like best friends. "So I am not good with this dating thing. What do I do?" Emma asked. "Great question. Come to my house. I live in a apartment. Come at 3. My apartment number is 23. I will be there." Mary Margret said. "Alright see you then!" Emma hung up the phone. She walked to the stores around town. She could see the people just looking right at her. She could hear them talking, whispering about her.

She walked into a little pawn shop, and there stood a man in a suit with a cane. "Well hello, can I help you?" The man said mysteriously. "No, um just looking around." Emma responded. She was frightened by all the stuff around her. The crazy things that you don't see everyday. Emma could see out of the side of her eye that he was watching her. "The name is Mr.Gold, proud owner of this humble store. You must be Emma. Am I correct?" He asked. "Well yes how do you know my name?" "Well derie, the town has not been quiet since your little car rolled into this town." "Well, tell them I am just visiting. No harm to come." Emma said. Emma slowly then quickly walked out of the store trying not to make it look noticeable.

Emma walked quickly down the street in a hurry to get to Mary Margret's. She soon reached the apartment building. She made her way inside and up the stairs. Down the hall and right to the apartment numbered 23. She knocked on the door. Emma heard, thud thud thud, and the door swung right open. "Hello Emma." Said Mary Margret with a big smile on her face. "Hey, um well I am really second guessing this whole date thing." Emma said with a worried face. "No you shouldn't. Your going and that's final." Mary Margret said.

Emma dragged her feet entering the apartment. "Come on Emma, look excited." Mary Margret cried. Mary Margret and Emma went over the basics for going on a date. "OH MAN!" Emma cried. Mary Margret jumped. "WHAT!" She cried. "I have no nice cloths to wear!" Emma cried. "That's okay. I have cloths! Come on, follow me up stairs!" Mary Margret said. They hurried up stairs. Mary Margret opened her closet. "Holy dresses!" Emma said. "Okay Emma, pick out a few you like then we go from there." Mary Margret said. "What if they don't fit?" Emma asked. "Well there has to be one there that will fit."

Emma was shuffling through the dresses then she just stopped. There right in front of her was a long red dress. It screamed Emma. "Oh my god, it's beautiful!" Emma said breathless. She quickly tried it on. It fit. "Wow, Emma it looks great on you!" Mary Margret said. Emma swirled around. The bottom flowed. Mary Margret did her hair. She curled it then put it up. She even did her make-up. "Okay Emma. Pick out all the jewelry you want." Mary Margret said as she held out a box full of jewels.

When Emma was done they went down stairs to the door. "Mary Margret, I can't thank you enough. You have me at a loss of words with all of this." Emma said. "Well your now my daughter I never had, besides that fact that we are the same age." Mary Margret said with a smile. They both laughed.

"Hey Emma do you want to stay with me the rest of the week? I mean it gets lonely around here and it would be fun." Mary Margret asked. "Well, if you insist!" Emma said. "Alright I will get all your stuff moved here. So when you are done, come here." Mary Margret said. "Thank you so much!" Emma said as she hugged her. "Now go have fun! And I want to hear all about it when you get back." "Will do!" Emma said as she closed the door behind her.

While Emma was walking to the hospital things were just rushing through her head. "I just met this guy and now he wants to go on a date. This is not right. Not right at all. Why me, why me out of all the girls in this town does he want to go with me?" Emma said to herself. She finally reached the hospital. She walked in and there stood a nurse. Emma kind of smiled. "You must be Emma?" "Yea, I am Emma." Emma stuttered. "He will be right out." The nurse said.

Emma was shaking. "I should just walk out right now. You can't go on a date with someone you just run into on the street." Emma said. She was just about to turn around when a voice stopped her. "Sorry love, didn't mean to keep you waiting." Matt said. "Oh, it's okay. You didn't." Emma said in a nervous tone. Right when Emma saw him she about dropped to the floor. There he stood with his hair all jelled up in a black suit. "Well I suppose we better get going, we might be late." Matt said as he held out his elbow for her to link on. "Yes, we should." Emma said with a smile and then linked elbows with him.

 ~Well what did you think? Any suggestions, questions, or comment? Hoped you enjoyed this! What's going to happen on this date? Thanks for reading and keep shipping CaptainSwan~