Savior

A big loud noise startles me awake as my eyes shoot open and stare at the ceiling. Another big noise and I sit up immediately.

Before I can even get out of bed my door bolts open and Lorenzo comes in his shirt full of what looks like blood and his hand holds something shiny and metal. I stare at him in confusion as he shuts the door and locks it gently.

I'm about to speak when he shushes me and puts his gun up against the door. I stare at him wide eyed. Why does he have a gun in his hand? Why is he waiting by the door? And why are we being excessively quiet?

Footsteps come closer to the door and I feel my heart beat faster as they approach the door. A huge loud bang led through the door and another and another and I hear something drop and another and another. He comes over to the bed and I watch him wide eyed and he reloads the gun and places it in my hand.

"What's this for?" I ask confused and a bit frightened.
"I don't know how many more of them there are you are going to come next to the door against the wall and if someone enters the room that isn't me shoot them" He says rushing through the instructions.

"You ever use one?" I load it up as click off the safety.
"My fathers a cop, what do you think?" He smirks and beckons for me to move. I make my way to the wall next to the door and watches as he walks out from the room shutting the door behind him. Silence is all around me at first and I shake with nerves.

I wasn't scared of the people outside, a bullet is a bullet no matter who you are. I was scared about why they were here and who had sent them. I hear a bang and another.

A few more bangs go off and I hear the thuds of the body's that fall.
I wait in anticipation and suddenly the door knob jiggles and I prepare my gun but in comes Lorenzo. He puts his hands up and I lower my gun.

"What the hell just happened?" I ask He scowls down at me and runs his hand through his hair.
"It's not important what is is that you need to help me clean this up...red is not a nice decorating color" he says and I step towards the door the smell of death hitting me hard.

"You remove the bodies and i will get the bleach" He nods and we split up. I wait for the bodies to be removed and grab what I need. A bucket, bleach, a scrubber thingy and towels.

He helps me as we pour the bleach into the bucket and get to scrubbing.

The blood turns pink and mostly comes out with a good amount of scrubbing..
"Good thing you don't have a carpet based apartment" I say scrubbing like my life depends on it. It was hard and gruesome but it had to be done. I prefer  bleach smell then that of blood. He scrubs hard focusing on every corner, his mind never leaves his task. I watch as his arms move in a pattern scrubbing at the floor. His well fitted shirt makes it harder to concentrate and I find myself stopping to scrub.

"Yes? Is there a reason you've stopped scrubbing to watch me?" I frown at his confrontation and feel my hand slip off of the brush and onto the floor. I immediately regain my brush and continue to scrub unsure what to say. My cheeks burn as I feel his eyes on me and I say nothing.

He stops and stands up, "time for a break" he then adds, " your father should be here now anyways." I look to him and stand up slowly dropping the brush to the ground.

"Okay" I say my throat a bit dry and my cheeks still hurting.
"Okay" He reply's his eyes not leaving mine. I feel drawn to him and he walks slowly towards me. I try to move but my body can't and I feel my knees buckling.

He runs his hand along my arm and I look up at him unable to speak as he places his other hand on my waist. His hand then removes a small strand of hair from my face and I feel my entire body frozen as he gently pulls massages the back of my head. I feel my eyes roll back slightly at the feeling and let my head fall back into his hand.