21

I climb out of the car more dry then I was before. What was I going to say? The tension couldn't grow any larger at this point. I can't get my mind off what had happened. What would I do? Allow myself to remain captive? What was this beauty and the beast?

How could I let it get this far? Did I even have feelings for him? I'm so confused, my thoughts keep messing with me.
As we walk into the house I hear the clicks of the locks on the door.
"I'm going to go change." I say feeling his looming figure behind me. His body coming closer to the back of mine. I turn around and back away till my back hits a wall and he is able to corner me.

"So go" he says his eyes becoming dangerous. Do I dare move? I take my chances and make my way out of his clutches and over to my room. When I make it there I close the door and lock it behind me.
I go through my clothes and pick out a t-shirt and sweatpants for pajamas. I would have to take a shower considering all the mud and rain water that had completely drenched and soiled my body. I get into the bathroom and take off the nasty clothes that I had on and throw them straight into a hamper.

During my oddly short and uncomfortable shower I think only of what happened. Was I losing sight of what was really important? I had to get out. There was no way I could spend one more second in the same room as this man.
I wrap myself in the towel and dry myself well before putting on my pajamas. There has to be a way to get out. Was he even likeable? No I detest him.

Everything about him, from the way he steals my cereal to his cynical and childish pranks. When did this turn into an attraction? I scowl. What attraction! Why was I even pondering the two of us? A kiss was nothing. It meant nothing. Right? How could it mean anything? For him it is hundred percent sure to mean nothing. But for me? Ugh. I shake my head to try and remove these horrible and frustrating thoughts. But my mind goes back to the places where his touch burns. What would I do? What would he do?

There was no way I could let off any weakness in front of him. If I do it will ruin my stance. I need to get out not push myself further in. Wasn't I just overthinking this. Yes. That was it. Alone with him in this hell hole for who knows how long has gotten to us. It was nothing otherwise. Rather a physical reaction to enclosed interaction. Was it possible that he was changing? If he was was it because of me? And if not what was he waiting for to get rid of me? It was obvious he had done something psychotic for his isolation to be not only so willing but mutual with those in his life.

What had he done? I snap out of it and make my way out of the bathroom and into my room. The lights that are off indicate he is most likely in his room or sleeping. What would he do if I asked him? I picture the horrific things he could do to me and shudder. Perhaps there was some way to capture him and force him to ask me. Orrrrr... instead of going to the point of suicide missions I could ask his mother or father. But how. The only phone was his.

Maybe they would miraculously show up. Maybe I could bring out his better side and find a way to push it out of him. Yes. Like today, he had enjoyed himself. Although the did not show it through that impassive and devilish state of his it was still there.

I smile. What could I do? Something on the corner of the fridge catches my eye. A calendar. What was today? I find today, march 16th. My heart skips when I realize tomorrow is my birthday and it's been more than 7 months that I've been stuck here. Did they presume me dead? 21 and alone. My father had waited for this day for so long. He wanted to do every bar in the city. I feel my throats clogging up as I think of how sad he must be. How alone. I miss him so much it hurts me.

Well this is what I'm going to do. Birthday party for myself. Tomorrow night. I look through every cabinet until I find the liquor and carry it back to my room hiding it in my closet. Next I find computer paper and tape. I take markers with me and make sure to turn off the light.