The Dark Ball Part 2

"Lorenzo was trained since he was young, everyone knew he was meant to take over and he wasn't quiet about it. But he tried to be normal and honestly after hanging out with people outside of the family and finding people who made him happy he rejected the throne. This was at age of 17. But his father was pressuring him and he was of course forced. He was always mysteriously to himself and isolated.

He loved music though, and sports. He"

"Kicked your ass in football, I think that's enough story time don't you Adam" he says raising his eyebrows in a intimidating stature.
"Right well your the one who didn't introduce me, your fault hermit" he gets up and they look like they are about to fight. Why didn't they like each other? But boy was I wrong. They hug instantly and that's the first time I see Lorenzo stretch a smile.

"How are you you shrimp"he says embracing his cousin. It was sweet actually.
"Better than you obviously, that booze getting to you? You look like you put on some weight"this was an obvious lie. But Lorenzo responds to it well.

"Only in your dreams wimp. Anyways I've come for something else. Adeline. dance
now"he says looking to me. Was that his way of asking me to dance?
"Excuse me?"I snap back angrily, why couldn't he just be nice like with his cousin.
"Ah don't pay attention come beautiful let's dance" Adam says outstretching his hand. To spite Lorenzo I take Adams hand and walk over to where everyone else is dancing.

"Don't mind him" he says as we say back and forth. "I tend not to"I reply looking over to where he previously stood but he was gone. I turn back to Adam only to find Lorenzo.
"How did you?"I ask puzzled looking between him and where Adam now is, which is by the bar. How ridiculous this all was.
"Magic"he says.
"You really are the devil"I say sighing. It explains everything. He must be Satan. I watched that show Lucifer enough to know anything is possible.

"Your a strange person" he says bluntly.
"Well thank you, what a way to sweep a girl off her feet"I scoff, but before I know it he scoops me up and twirls me around bridal style.
"Does that work?" I can't help but laugh at his sly expression and the people scolding around us. For a split second it seems sweet and divine before he is to put me down and his mother comes out of nowhere to grab me.

There was something different about him. "Oh Adeline there are some people that I want you to meet."she says taking me away to a corner across the entire room.
"Who?" I ask looking around but she sneaks me into a back room.
"What's going on?"I ask confused.
"Well there are people here, FBI, they've come looking for you and I can't have you talking. He's finally getting better and I can't-"

"What?"I ask confused. FBI? What was she doing?
"You have to understand please understand"she says grabbing the side of my head and slamming it against the wall.

I fall over in dizzying pain. The whole world is spinning and I feel the blood trickle down my temple as everything fades out and turns pitch black.

*****************************

My eyes are slammed shut and I can hear the orchestra in the background. What was going on? I feel my fingers and arms coming back to life and my eyes open instantly giving way to darkness. Where was I? What had happened? Then it comes back to me and I feel the adrenaline come through. My legs come back to life and I lift myself up with the wall for support. How could I get out? I reach around feeling and grabbing till I feel a doorknob. I turn it only to open up to a world of light and sound. I have to shut my eyes until they adjust and across from me I see a mirror.

I look terrible my hair is ruined and filled with blood from the side of my head. I try and take a step but can't walk in the terrible heels so I throw them off and feel the coldness of the floor.

I take a few steps till my legs readjust and make my way back into the party. But once I do but music stops and I hear gasps. The anger fueling my body at this very minute refused to allow my aching mind to focus on my surrounding peers.
But as I angry as I am I cannot help the pain. I see Lorenzo across the room talking to his cousin.

"Lorenzo"it comes out weak and inaudible, boy I was gonna give him the speech of the century. But when he turns to see me all bloody and a total wreck something in his composition and facade changes and he begins to walk towards me. All I can manage to say at this moment is "help me" as I feel my legs give out and my whole body falling. But he catches me before I can hit the ground and picks me up quickly taking me away from the crowd and over to a different area.

He mounts a flight of stairs with ease and takes me to a bathroom. I feel sleepy and groggy.
"Don't sleep" he commands causing me to jolt back to life until he sets me down on the counter of the sink where I find my head falling back.
"No no no!" He grabs my face and holds me still. "You can't sleep. Just stay awake"I nod . No sleeping no sleeping.
I watch as he pulls out a first aid kit from a mirror closet.
"Who did this to you?" He asks opening the kit and pulling out a gauze some sewing thingy and alcohol.

"Your mom" I say but he turns back to me with a deadpan face, "no seriously" he says.
"No seriously it was your mom. She took me to the corner and smashed my head against the wall" I say watching as he puts the liquid alcohol on the cotton. He brings it up to press against my wound but I grab his hand.

"No"I say, I didn't want that treatment. It hurt.
"What do you mean no? I have to clean up your wound" he says easily overcoming my weak hand and placing himself wedged between my legs. I feel my cheeks get rosy but that quickly subsides when he places the alcohol on my forehead. I let out a squeal and he chuckles. He dabs at it and cleans my wound.

"Stop stop stop" I squeal grabbing his arm. He looks down at me our faces inches away. His lips so close to mine. The heat of his minty breath against my own.
"Kiss me" I whisper wishing he didn't hear me. But he did and his lips skim mine as I anticipate the kiss my eyes closing by default.

And his kiss is soft and slow making my body jittery and anxious. But it's perfect.

"Lorenzo!" A banging at the door breaks us apart and I scowl. For the one time I wanted to feel what I felt in that barn it had to be ruined.

"What?" He calls out as I look at my knees.
"Your car is pulled up and ready to go" The person says.

Guess the dark ball is over.