Ready

I shiver in fear my heart racing like a thousand drums. He was doing it again. Chasing me like prey. Last night he had waken me to drive me nuts all night. With knives he manage to throw one and hit me across my hip. Now I'm here hiding in the third rooms closet begging that it'll stop but I can hear his footsteps as he rattles the knives across the wall. He was searching and even enjoying the chase.

"Oh Adeline, where have you gone princess" I hold my knees to my chest tighter and stifle the tears, his Italian accent daunts me as his low voice comes up the steps. My breath hitches when his footsteps get closer as if he can feel my shaking presence. He is insane, completely mad and from what it looked like extremely sadistic. I scowl my profiling was keeping me sane. I couldn't live through this any longer, having to starve because he's waiting outside with guns and other torture devices. Hiding is my only sanctuary.

Although the condo was large there weren't many good hiding spots and he always finds me no matter where I hide.
"Ahh the locked door, you know you should make it a little less obvious then the game would be fun" my heart drops and i hitch my breath as I hear the door to the room break free. I wait as his shadow walks under the closet door. But nothing happens as my heart beat is the only sound visible to my ears.

"Boo" the doors open and I scream grabbing the nearest hanger and throwing it at him and running for the door but arms wrap around my waist and I begin to panic! Thrashing I'm thrown to the floor with his body crushing me. His hand wraps around my throat only giving me small amounts of air as I kick my legs for breath.

"Relax!" He yells his tone demanding. I stop moving taking in the air I can. He brings his knife up to my face and moves a strand from my sweaty face.
"What should we take out first?" He ponders and my heart beats quicker than ever.
"Ahh the eyeballs" his knife moves towards my eye and I begin to thrash under his hold as my lungs burn. But before the tip can touch me a knock interrupts.

"Lorenzo la sua tuo padre aprirsi" he huffs getting off and releasing my neck, I breathe in the sweet air surrounding me and back away. He makes his way out of the room and goes down the steps. I sigh in relief. Whoever knocked saved me from losing my sight. I get up slowly, this might be an opportunity for me to get out. Just a small sliver of hope starts to form in the pit of my stomach and I make my way downstairs to see the same man who kidnapped me speaking in Italian.

"fermare questa follia e tornare a casa. la famiglia potrebbe usare voi e le vostre abilità, invece di rimanere qui in modo da poter giocare fuori il vostro stile di vita sadica!" I scowl I couldn't have taken ten seconds from my life to learn a different language!

"vuoi dire di tornare e prendere il sopravvento. no io sono contento di questo giro di cane che mi hai dato! mio padre voglio vivere solo in pace e mi mandi un terapeuta! ah!"he says growling back I make a move towards the opposite side but they both turn to catch me. My heart stops.
"Adeline!" The man says smiling my eyes go wide as I stare at the crazy man.
"Come dear" I make a run for it my heart leaping for the door but Lorenzo grabs me holding me as I kick my legs frantically.

"She's a wild one isn't she?" He says fighting my thrashes. "Stop!" He screams turning me around only to backhand me. I fall down his hit a blow to my small fragile body. I hold my aching cheek and cover my face with my hair tearing up instantly.
"That's no way to treat a woman!" A voice says from the door. His mother I'm assuming the crazy bitch who kidnapped me comes to my side lifting me up.

"Let me go!" I yell out trying to make past her to the still open door. But she brings me to the sofa and turns my face to examine the bruise.
"You have to come home now! My son you've lost your humanity" she says her voice laced with concern.
"Yes I like it that way" he says his low narcissist chuckle in the background. She looks to me worried and lifts me by the arm as we make our way into the nearest room.

"I thought he was getting better considering you are still alive" I scowl had she lost her marbles?
"Are you insane? I demand you let me go Immediately, your son is psychologically unfixable and I I have a family don't you care of anyone else's well being but your own?" She looks down at me In pity.
"Oh now don't get discouraged we are going to take you and Lorenzo to the big mansion for a luxurious dinner but first we'll have you dressed properly" I scowl. Was this woman bonkers!

She walks out leaving me there eyes wide opened. Had she lost her brain in some accident or was she blind. I hear keys and talking which intrigues me and in truth we are going out. Out in fresh air. And I was more than ready!