Silent Night

Dear Diary

I told him. I could not bare the look upon his face. He looked terrified. And angry. I had fallen for someone of a different family. A head of a different family.

I stop reading and scowl. What was this? Some cult? Why was there a head of a family and why was it such a big deal if he was from a different family. Like isn't that how it's supposed to work. You don't marry your brother or cousins.. whatever, at this point everything is unexplainable that you might as well just understand.

He's locked me up. Annoyingly. I'm soooo punished. I hate this. I'm my own person I don't understand in what world he has decided he is my father. Oh where is my father? Well he's regretting his retirement. He hates Lorenzo and is plotting against him. They want to put him away. Somewhere isolated. They think he's a psychopath.

They even want to hire doctors. But it won't work. They won't get a word past Lorenzo without facing consequences. He will catch them. I hope he does. They have ruined everything by raising him up to become this wretched version of himself. He was always a soldier but now he is forced to be a warrior. I'm not mad at my brother. I trust in time he will let me go.

Sincerely, Mia.

I flip the page eager to go on. This was one of the 5th journals from her life. I started here cause the others were gibber grabber of a child's memories. And some were just of her what sounded semi normal teenage life.

Dear diary

Damon and I snuck out. We had a picnic by the lake and danced. It was wonderful. Oh how I miss him. I know the age difference bothers my father. But nothing else does. I am twenty and he is what twenty 4. But it's not a large gap. Not at all. And I feel that he is perfect, he is sweet and kind. Unlike others that I have met.

Well I have to go to bed.

Sincerely, Mia.

Sincerely Mia.

Sincerely Mia.

I flip through the few with nothing helpful in them and find myself catch a journal with tear stains.

Dear diary

I am pregnant. Now of all times. I cannot bear to tell. My brother has caught word of the asylum plan my father constructed and has slaughtered everyone who was rude or even came close to him.

What if I tell him. He will know I was with Damon. He would kill him.

Or worse.

Oh no he is coming...

Nothing is left just that and no sincerely Mia. Just this and on the next pages there is blood. Dried blood. Everywhere. I throw the book aside.
What had happened? Had he killed her? His own pregnant sister. No he wouldn't. No one is that cruel. No one is that horrific.

"What is that?" I turn startled to see Lorenzo his red eyes gleaming in the shadows that are cast by the fireplace and it's hollow light. The light I had chosen to read from considering I did not want to wake him.
"Nothing. Just a book" I pick it up and shut it.

"I am one thing. But not stupid." He walks over and I stand from my bed unsure what to do as he lifts it.
"Where did you find these!?" He yells angrily. I cower looking down on the floor. He would kill me if I said anything and kill me if I didn't.