Horses

"Wake up! Get up and get dressed" I scowl the sun blistering my shut eyes. Why was he forcing me to wake up? I shoot up when the next shade is opened and look at the time.

"But why? It's only 8:34" I say laying my head back down and shutting my tired eyes.
"Up and up" he pulls off my cover exposing me to the cold of the air conditioned room.
I scowl and stand up slowly finally catching site of him. He stands there half naked with only a towel dipped low over his junk.

My insides turn and I feel the air from the room disintegrating. To lie to myself and claim him unattractive would be wrong and unjust. But my brain urges me to stay reasonable and I stutter with my next words, "why am I getting up now? Have you finally decided eating breakfast alone is a bummer?" I ask trying my hardest to keep my eyes on his.

"Well no. But we are going out. So dress up and hurry up." He leaves the room with that and i scowl. Out? Out where? At this point I don't care as I rummage through my closet I find a white spaghetti strap tank top and a pair of shorts. I place them on and top it off with shorts and a flowery flannel. I place the sandals over my feet and wear the necklace that now I know once belonged to his dead sister. At first I hesitate to take it off, but decide to leave it as it is.

I make my way into the kitchen only to find him dressed and eating his breakfast. What has gotten into him? Why was he excited? Was he finally luring me to my death! My heart begins to thump loudly. We never go out. Like never. Was this it? Had he decided enough was enough. I grab a pony and tie up my hair, I feel the sweat as it drips down my neck.

He doesn't seem to notice as he beckons for me to eat. I grab a bowl and fill it up beginning to slowly munch on the chocolate sugar cereal before me. But my stomach doesn't digest it and I end up forcing the rest of the bowl down uncomfortably.

"Done?" I nod and we get up clearing the table only to make our way to the door. My heart begins to thump louder in my ears as we get out and he leads me to the car. I open the door hesitantly and buckle my seat belt with hesitant fingers. How was this to end? Would it be quick and painless? Would my body be found in the woods where some fitness freak could find me while doing their morning jogging?

I feel the anxiety bubble as we drive into the country where there's nothing but abandoned woods and open ranches. Oh this was definitely the end. My meat would be ground up and fed to the pigs. He was a psychopath luring me to my farm death. How famous my body would become. I scowl as we stop and park near an open field.

"Alright get out" he says making his way out as I slowly do so. But what I see before me is different than what I had expected. The large open field has 2 or 3 horses lining its grass and there is somewhat of a house and stable in the far corner of the large land. The amount of acres this person owned could hold a whole town.

"What are we doing here?" I ask confused and startled by the beautiful scenery.
"The owner used to have a riding school but it shut down. I called him last night and asked if he would let us ride. Told him I had ridden before and he said it was fine but that he would be out and all we had to do was take two horses and round up the rests into the stables before we started riding them" he says walking over into the field. I'm hesitant at first but I follow him in as we walk miles to get to the horses. At first they stand startled.

"Easy.. easy." I watch as he brings the four extra into the near stable. I don't do anything but stand over to the side nervously and startled by how well they reacted to Lorenzo.

"Alright you ready?" He comes out carrying two saddles and a helmet which I presume if for me. I watch as he hooks them on to both horses. Was I ready to try this? Was I sure? I start to second guess this entire plan. Horses. Could I ride a horse? I wouldn't know I had never done it before.