Chapter Ten

"So you really did make it on both teams, huh?" Dillian asked from inside the bathroom stall.

"Yeah, it was weird. The coach said I was skilled enough for Varsity but my techniques were too messy to not be put on JV." Fern slipped his bag off and put it down on the ground. He sat on the bathroom heater and crossed his arms.

"So basically your legs are double fucked?"

"Yeah, pretty much." Fern breathily laughed, he hummed and looked towards the stalls.

"What's taking so long in there? I thought your sister bought you a binder?" He assumed with the tank top looking thing that Dillian had shown him there wouldn't be any need for Ace Bandages. "Sorry, you probably don't want to be reminded of your...chest..." He said slowly, he still wasn't completely clear on what topics to stay away from. He was decently positive that hips and thighs were off limits, but height was okay.

"Nah, it's fine. I actually don't have much dysphoria about my chest. Fat guys and really muscled guys have moobs. Plus puberty treated me well and my chest is pretty much flat."

"You're not wrong." Fern shrugged and began leaning his head back on the walls of the bathroom. He thought better of it and kept his head upright. "So what's taking so long?"

"I can't wear a binder with hardcore exercise, my ribcage won't expand enough and I'll hyperventilate and die."

"Death? Death sounds like an issue."

"I'm embellishing a little but the point still stands. So, my ingenious plan is to take a regular bra. I made sure it was full coverage, concealing as much cleavage as possible. Then, I've taken two nonunderwire sports bras, slapped that shit on top. And currently, I'm trying to adjust masking tape so that the straps of the bras don't shift separately from each other. This plus semi baggy work out shirt means success!" Dillian popped out of the bathroom, the door swung open and hit the tiled walls. He flinched at the sound then recovered, smiling in Fern's direction. "So? How do I look?" He turned to the side giving Fern a sideways profile of his body. He was wearing a grey workout shirt that was a size or two too big, the shorts he wore were plain black and mesh.

"Um your outfit looks fine, I don't know much about fashion but I guess black and grey look good." Dillian rolled his eyes and turned the other way giving Fern his right side profile.

"Not my outfit idiot, how's my chest? Does it look as flat as it does in the binder?" Dillian asked, impatience in his voice. Fern felt awkward but he had spent enough time staring at women's cup sizes to eyeball the slight differences.

"Basically it looks like you went to a size quadruple negative A or 0.00001 chest inclination. To a whopping size triple negative A or 0.0001 chest inclination." Dillian turned back around and smiled.

"Thanks, always know how to make a guy feel less chesty." Dillan bent down and picked up his backpack that was leaned against the wall opposite to Fern. "Let's head out." Fern jumped down from the heater and picked up his bag.

"Can we walk? It's really fucking hot out today and Coach never seems to give a shit about how late we are."

"Gee, I wonder why." Dillian smiled knowingly and opened the door for him. Fern walked out and waited until Dillian had closed the door, to continue walking.

"Do you think it's because I'm his favorite? Or like one of his favorite players? I don't think I've ever been a teacher's favorite before." Dillian looked at him, he looked like he wanted to say something then thought better of it.

"It's definitely a possibility." He said slowly. He watched Fern smile proudly to himself and smiled with him. They walked out of the locker room and towards the back of the school. The halls were quiet enough for their cleats to make echos as they walked. Fern looked thoughtful as he rolled an idea in his mind.