Chapter Six

I'm dedicating this chapter to one of my good friends Livvy, she's been so supportive of my story and just a supportive loving person in general. Her birthday was recently and I really wanted to give her something, so this is the best I got. I hope she is happy, healthy, and enjoy's this chapter.

*****

Fern's breathing came in quick bursts, he had to tip his head back and take deep gulps of air before his chest stopped feeling like it'd crack. He tipped his head back and looked at the rest of the boys. They were all sweaty and tired, gel long gone from their hair, and half of them had their shirts off.

Dillian came into his line of view, the peppy smile on his face only irritated Fern.

"Here drink some water you look like you need it." Dillian extended his arm a bottle of water in his hand. Fern licked his chapped lips and put his hand up to decline.

"No....thanks." He panted between each word. He bent over to his bag getting a two liter bottle of water. Somewhere on the label said filled with electrolytes, with a hint of lemon flavor. He wanted to tell Dillian in as few words as possible that he forgot to bring a water, and had to text Anakin on the way to school. Who in turn grabbed the bottle for him on his way out of his house. "Anakin." He said instead and shook the bottle in front of his face.

"Ah." Dillian nodded knowingly and opened his simple bottle of water. He tipped his head back and took chugs of the water, dribbles dripping down the side of his face.

"What did we say about slow sips newbie?" An amused voice said from behind Fern. Fern tilted his head slightly to the left to catch Quinn's face come up from behind him. Dillian choked a bit on the water and brought the bottle away from him nearly throwing it up. Fern rolled his own eyes and opened up his bottle of water, taking small sips like adviced.

"Something something about stomach cramps?" Dillian said with question in his voice. Quinn smiled and nodded, he brought his water bottle to his mouth and used his his teeth to bring the nub out. Fern watched him for a moment, then turned away.

"Don't worry that advice won't matter if you don't make the team." Carson hummed as he walked past them. He squirted water into his mouth and walked past them. Dillan scowled at his receding form. Quinn chuckled a bit at that and gave Dillan a reassuring smile.

"Don't worry he likes scaring people who've never been on the team before." Fern made room on the bench and sat between the bags.

"He's a soccer bag of dicks," Dillian grumbled and slung his drawstring bag behind his back. Fern resisted mentioning that his face made up for it.

"I'd defend him but seeing as he's ditching clean up with me to go flirt with some girls..." Quinn trailed off his eyes moving to the left. Dillian and Fern followed his eyes, they saw Carson on the other side of the field. He was leaned up against the stairwell that lead up to the stairs talking to a group of girls.

"Told yah" Dillian mumbled taking a more controlled sip of his water bottle.

"We'll find out who made it or not by this afternoon anyway right?" Fern said, his throat was finally not overly dry and his breathing calmer. Quinn put his water bottle on the bench and smiled at the both of them.

"I'm sure that both of you are going to get in. I can't wait to see you crush it on the field." Fern nodded, a part of him was still weary of Quinn's over positivity and encouragement.

"Oh? You're not worried about getting on?" Dillian said punching at his shoulder. Quinn smiled and rubbed his shoulder a bit. In half a second his mood changed and his face became serious.