Chapter 6: Possiblities

Chapter 6:

Once the movie was over, we all went to grab some pizza. We were in a huge booth. Alex, Kat, Dani, Aaron, than me. Halfway through the pizza, Cameron showed up. Alone. I was suddenly happy. He slid into the booth, next to me. "Hey Avery. Brittany got back together with her boyfriend, during the movie." He looked sad. "I'm sorry. Her loss." I smiled at him. "Thanks Avery. She wasn't worth it. I mean there are so many other girls that at least have a brain. Like you." He smiled back at me. I blushed. "Thanks." He looked at me. "Nice sweatshirt by the way!" He grinned. I smiled back, remembering the game where I got the sweatshirt. The Kentwell's had taken me to my first game, and they had soon became my team. "Kat and Dani think I'm underdressed, but I'm not on a date here." I joking complained. He smiled. Cameron's smile was amazing. "Yeah, tonight blows, but I'm happy to be here now." I blushed again, but got ahold of myself. Avery Johansen wasn't going to be that girl. "Yeah me too." I said confidently. "Ugh you have no idea how awful going on a date with Brittany." he complained. I laughed. "Yeah, I'm sick of people comparing me to her. Just because we look alike. She's two years older than me anyways." I added. "Trust me Avery, you're much better." We kept talking until we noticed it was time to go. We kept up the conversation, throughout dropping off Alex and Dani. When we arrived infer of our two houses I finally had to go. I hugged Kat and Aaron goodbye, and they got out to go inside. Cameron insisted on walking me home, even though we were only one house away. We stood on the sidewalk in front of my house. "Well I guess I have to get going.." I said. "Yeah me too." he said reluctantly. "Bye Cameron." I said. "Bye Avery, thanks for making my night better." We both laughed a little. He lightly kissed my cheek, and walked towards his house. I happily unlocked my door, since my parents were out at a charity event. I got settled on the couch, with a bowl of fruit and ice cream. Before I could turn on the tv, Kat was calling me. I answered. "I just saw everything!" she squealed. "You're such a creeper!" I laughed. "I have to go, but we'll talk about this later!" she promised. We hung up. I turned on the tv, and started watching my favorite movie 'Miss Congeniality'. I realized that I didn't have feeling for Aaron, but possibly for Cameron, and Sandra Bullock was a bonus. This truly was the best night ever!