Chapter 5: The Date

Chapter 5:

(Cameron, Dani, Aaron, and Kat will start having POVs too.) *Warning - this is kind of a long chapter*

It was the next day, and night was drawing near. Aka the DD. Well the double date and me. I wondered if Cameron would come with me if I asked. "Avery you're gonna ask him." I repeated to myself. From how he was acting, he seemed like he might like me. Even though I was a sophomore and he was a senior, we're barely two years apart. I decided to get dressed early. I had already laid out a skater dress and cardigan. "All my life I've been good, but now. Woaaahhhh thinking what the hell!" my phone's Avril Lavigne ringtone went off. I picked it up, to hear Kat. "Avery, hey, can you come over half an hour earlier? Cameron is taking out Brittany for a movie before us, but he's driving us so yeah." she said in a rush. "Woah what's the panic?" I laughed. "Well can you come help me with my eyeliner. I suck so bad!" I agreed and then hung up. Then it hit me. Cameron was taking someone else out. For a fact, it was Brittany Samuels. The blond, blue eyed cheerleader known for her perfectness. She was perfect in every way. I had been told I was a mini version of Brittany, but in know way was I as perfect as her. Kat told me we were the same scale of pretty, but Brittany bring the senior was the it girl. At least she wasn't mean, but she was one of the most desired girls at our high school. I'm doomed. Cameron will date her, me being her lame mini Brittany minus the perfection. In her shadows. I threw the dress off my bed. Guess I didn't have anyone to look good for. For crying out loud, I was going on a double date alone. I went to my closet to grab a pair of jean shorts, high tops, and a loose white tee with a pocket from Brandy. Still cute, but not as dressy, and more effortless. I combed my long blonde straight hair and penciled on black eyeliner. At least my eyes were more noticeable, and my hair fell down my shoulder and back nicely. I grabbed a random sweatshirt and went out the door. I knocked on the Kentwell's door and was greeted by Aaron. "Hey Aaron!" I said with as much enthusiasm as I could muster. "Avery!" he hugged me. Then he stepped back. "Why so sad?" he looked at me. "I'm fine..." I looked down. "Look Avery- I know you well." he persisted. Sometimes it felt like he did know more about me than I did. "I'm good- just kinda sucks going alone on a double date." I answered. "Don't worry - it's just like hanging out." I smiled. "By the way, make sure to tell Dani she looks pretty. She spends hours on making herself look good - not that she needs too." I told him. "Thanks Avery, I will." I left and then walked up to Kat's room. "Kaaaaaaaat!" I said. "Avery! Ahh can you do my eyeliner - woah." She stopped mid sentence. "I didn't think you would dress so casual.." She noted my LA Galaxy sweatshirt and distressed jean shorts. "Well I'm not on the date! Plus I don't have to impress anybody." I protested. "Well you always look pretty no matter what! It's so unfair!" Kat laughed. I smiled. "Just please, a bit of mascara?" I rolled my eyes but gave in to the tube of jet black mascara and a touch of lipgloss. After I did Kat's eyeliner we were ready to go. "Do you think Alex will like?" she twirled, wearing a white cropped top into a floral skater skirt, brown curled hair perfect. "Of course!" Kat was so pretty. "We're going now! I have to meet Brittany at the movie theatre in ten minutes." We all walked from the stairs and into the car. Cameron looked amazing of course. The Kenwell boys were so boy next door. Maybe I could be the girl next door. If only Brittany would back off. Whatever. "You two actually look good." Cameron smiled when I stepped into the front seat. I could still sit there, maybe Brittany would see my next to him. "As if." I said flatly. "No, really Avery, you're eyes are beautiful." I blushed and looked away. All my eyes were are icy blue. "It's probably just the eyeliner." I responded. Cameron just smiled. Luckily I talked to Kat and Aaron about bio class.