Chapter 4: Kat's News

Chapter 4:

It was fourth period, when Dani and I got the text. Kat had a boyfriend! Dani immediately texted me after Kat told us.

Dani: Avery! Do you know what this means?

Avery: What?

Dani: Ya know! Kat's rule!

Avery: Ohhh

Dani: That means Cameron and Aaron are available now!

Avery: Dani- don't get your hopes up!

Dani: I'm gonna ask one of them out at lunch😉

Avery: So Kat's okay with it for sure?

Dani: Well it's the rule! Watch me babe😘

Our text convo got interrupted soon by Mr. James. "Avery, would you like to tell me why you're on your phone?" I blushed and looked up nervously. "I'm sorry, won't happen again." I sighed and went to put it away. "Hmm I'll let it slide, if you can come up and read all of the messages of one phone conversation." A few people snickered and Aaron shot me a sympathetic look. I walked up and decided to do the conversation with Kat. I showed Mr. James the texts. "Okay just recite the last few messages. I'm sure the class wants to hear!" I took a breath.

"Um... Kat: Guess what? Me: What? Kat: You'll never believe it! Me: Try me. Kat: I just got asked out! Me: Really!? That's great! Kat: I know! Rule is now lifted!;)" I finished quickly. A few people were now laughing, but I could see Aaron smile. I guess he knew about the rule. Maybe he liked me! "Thank you Miss Johnson. That was a very 'teenage' conversation I assume. You may be seated." The bell rang. "Class dismissed." I filed out of the classroom into the hallway. "Avery!" I turned around to see Dani. "Come!" she grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards the bathroom. "I just need to apply some makeup before asking!" she said. "I'm so happy! Finally one of those Kentwell boys will be mine!" I laughed. "What if they say no!" Dani looked at me. "What are the odds of that?" she joked. We started laughing. I knew Cameron would say yes. Dani was gorgeous. Today her light brown hair was sleek and glossy. The eyeliner made her pretty eyes pop. "Well let's go!" We walked into the cafeteria. Kat came over. "Hi! Want to hear all the details - but first one of your brothers are mine!" Dani said. "I was afraid of this!" Kat joked. "Wish me luck!" Dani turned. "I bet it's Cameron." I said. "Probably! He seems more her type!" Kat said. Dani started walking towards Cameron's table. "Omigosh!" Kat squealed. But, Dani made a turn towards Aaron's table. Uh oh... She walked up to Aaron and started talking to them. My stomach dropped. "So Kat! I want to hear all about him!" I turned to sit down. "Okay! I'm just wanna watch this!" Kat said, engrossed with Dani and Aaron. I started to eat lunch, avoiding looking. "He said yes!" I heard behind me. I turned to a happy Dani. "Omigosh!" Kat said again. "Yay!" Dani squealed and they hugged. "Aw Avery, don't worry. I can tell Cam's into you!" Kat said. I looked over my shoulder and Cameron was looking my way. He was cute. Very cute. "Ooooohh that'd be adorable!" Dani exclaimed. "We'll see!" I smiled, Aaron starting to fade from my mind.