MCU - Clint/OC

An MCU Fanfiction

***

Summary

In an AU where Laura Barton isn't Clint Barton's wife, but his sister looking after his kids after his wife's death, meet the Lena (tbd), the agent that has him learning to love again. CB/OC

***

This is another one that hit me like a bag of rocks....like an arrow? We're not going there...most likely pre-Avengers, at the start, at the very least. Probably even starting during Thor. Lena's going to be a S.H.I.E.L.D. Analyst and linguist. Barton is Barton and wonderful. Nat's going to be, who else, meddling and Nat.  

I'm starting to think I need a story idea intervention, lovelies... 

Obviously, since I've already established Laura as Clint's wife in my main MCU series, this one will be a separate entity, off all on its own. 

***

Excerpt

He could feel Nat staring at him. It was unnerving. The woman really didn't know how powerful that thing was...or maybe she did. She probably did. What was he thinking...It was Nat. Or course she did.

"You like her," Natasha said, her eyes narrowing thoughtfully at him. Clint fought not to squirm.

"'Course I do. She's a good agent. Smart. Good in a tight spot. Easy to work with."

"Easy to look at," Nat tacked on knowingly, her tone then turning distinctly scolding, "stop being deliberately obtuse. I mean like her." Clint hazarded a look to the redheaded spy. Her eyes were glinting with interest and curiosity and her lips were curled in a smug smirk. "You've got it bad..." she said, her smirk widening. Clint huffed.

And deliberately ignored the way his chest grew tight at the thought.

...not to mention the way other things were tempted to follow suit.

"You know it's okay to put yourself out there again, right?" It was said far more gently than her needling of a moment before. Clint looked to his best friend again. Natasha was watching him closely, sympathy and conviction clear on her face.

"I know," he said softly. And he did. He was ready to let it happen again. It was just... "It's not as easy at it was before. There's a lot more coming along with me than just the job."

Understanding joined the sympathy on Natasha's face.