Cobra x Dying! Reader | A Price

Start from the beginning

"Whoo! Can you actually believe it? To think that we've been pardoned!" [Name] smiled as soon as they walked out of the castle.

"Why don't you say it louder [Name]? I don't think that the Alvarez Empire heard you" Erik remarked, hitting her head.

[Name] stuck her tongue out, the smile never fading from her face.

"Abusive boyfriend!" She called teasingly, making the whole guild smile.

She may have been pardoned, but the devil inside of her cannot be stopped.

She was the light of the guild, who managed to make everyone smile with little effort.

Little did they know that her shining light was slowly being tainted with the darkest of evils.

∞∞∞

That night, as the guild camped out in the woods, [Name] couldn't sleep.

Not with the voice whispering in her head, who offered even more power to her. Who suggested that she take over the world.

She didn't want that.

The only reason that she made a contract was to stop the devil from destroying the world. She wanted nothing to do with the power it offered.

The voice was growing more and more powerful by the day. Her time was nearly up.

She found it hard to leave. She found it hard to tell her trusted guildmates.

She just couldn't bring herself to tell them that she was going to die.

What would they say? How sad would they be?

How would Erik cope?

They've always been together. There was not a moment where [Name] and Erik weren't thinking of the other.

Erik was the most important person in the world to her and yet, he did not know that she was dying.

Her magic was growing weaker and weaker by the day. Eventually, she wouldn't be able to block her mind anymore.

He'll be able to hear her thoughts. He'll be able to hear the devil's voice from inside her mind.

"What are you doing up this late?" The all too familiar voice asked from behind [Name].

"I couldn't sleep" [Name] answered, looking back to him from the cliff's edge.

"Yeah, sitting on the edge of a cliff helps me sleep at night as well" Erik sarcastically said, making the corners of [Name]'s mouth twitch.

"I was just thinking of all the fights that have happened" [Name] told him as he sat beside her. "What if I died in one of them?"

"You didn't so it doesn't matter to me"

"How many more battles will we face? I wonder what everyone will be like if I were to die in one of them"

"I ain't letting you die on my watch so you don't have to worry about that either"

"How sweet" [Name] smiled at him, leaning her head on his shoulder. "Then promise that you aren't going anyway either"

Fairy Tail X Reader OneshotsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara