35. New Girl, New Friends

Start from the beginning

"Gosh, I'm so glad I found a friend," I murmured. Alison smiled cheekily before stepping up to order. Once she ordered her food, it was my turn.

"What's your last name?" A chef asked behind the table, looking towards me.

Alison gave me a nudge. "Stark," I responded shyly.

I was so quiet and shy here. I was out of step -this wasn't like me. Early when the boy in the hall was whispering to his friend about me, I would have stepped up and told him to shut the hell up. But I didn't.

Alison and I sat down with a burrito, and rice and beans on our plates. I tilted my head when I noticed we weren't sitting by anyone else, but I didn't ask. I was digging through my beans and rice, smashing them all together when a boy came and sat next to us.

"Hey, I was supposed to show you where the cafeteria was, but you totally ran off on me," Jason's deep voice spoke.

"Oh. Sorry, Blossom." I shrugged, lifting a fork full of rice and beans in my mouth. Jason sat his plate down and sat beside me. I looked down at his plate and saw the most delicious bowl of mac and cheese. It took everything in me to not grab his bowl and shove the contents down my throat.

"Blossom?" Jason and Alison asked. I sat back and groaned.

"Archie comics? Jason goes to Riverdale; his last name is Blossom. You guys practically look identical. Red hair, blue eyes." Jason stared at me with a confused look, but Alison smiled amusedly. "It's a nickname, Jason, calm down."

"I watch Riverdale. Jason, you're the dead guy." Alison seemed so pleased with Jason being the dead guy as she smirked with a twinkle in her eye. I rose an eyebrow humorously, figuring they must have a history.

The three of us continued to have our lunch, making small talk as we shoved our faces with the private school's food. The room seemed to turn down a couple of degrees as a posse of girls came up to our table. I had just finished laughing at a joke Alison had made against Jason when they stopped next to me.

"Hello?" I asked sheepishly, looking up at the five girls.

"Hi, I'm Charlotte Brook. My daddy's the CEO of Olympus Corporations. You might have heard of me," The girl in the middle said. She seemed to be the leader of the group. I squinted my eyes at the girl that I had never heard of in my life - she seemed to realize that quickly. "Well, anyways, my friends and I were wondering if you wanted to sit with us."

I furrowed my eyebrows. Did she not realize I was already sitting with two people?

As if to answer my question, Charlotte glared down at Alison before looking up at me with a sweet smile.

Alison sighed, fidgeting with her fingers.

"I'm alright. Thanks for the offer though." I gave them a final nod before returning to the two people I had just been talking to.

"Why didn't you go with them?" Alison asked.

I looked up at her startled. "Because I'm sitting with you guys. And she kinda seemed like a bitch."

"Oh. Cool," Alison muttered with a small smile on her face.

"So where are all your other friends?" I asked, stealing a fry from Jason.

"Over there," Alison said, pointing to where Charlotte and her posse were. "Yeah, they didn't choose to stay with me, like you did."

"Oh." I sighed. "Well, then they're stupid."

I grinned cheekily, stealing another fry from Jason. "And where are all of your friends, Blossom?"

"Over there." Jason pointed to a group of kids with letterman jackets that happened to be looking at our table. I glanced at Jason, suddenly realizing how ripped the freshman was. "I would be over there, but the headmaster said I had to sit with you for lunch."