20. Relationship Advice From An Assassin

Skylar Stark's P.O.V.

I watch the cars pass out the window as we drive to New Jersey. I have been awake for more than 24 hours and I so desperately wanted to go to sleep. But for some reason whenever I closed my eyes Julia and Rumlow would pop up into my vision. I just kept replaying Rumlow shooting Julia then her falling to the ground and bleeding out. Her words would also play over and over in my head before I could fall asleep.

Don't trust anyone.

I tried closing my eyes again but failed to get any sleep when the red haired man showed up again. I jumped in my seat and opened my eyes immediately. I was starting to think that the visions of him had left and new ones of Julia replaced him. Apparently that's not the way it works.

"You okay?" Steve asked looking back at me through the rearview mirror. His expression was one of worry.

"Me? Yeah, I'm fine. Just thought I saw something . . ." I trailed off looking through the window to see the orange haired man's face instead of the tree's and road. I blinked rapidly before he disappeared. I think I'm going crazy. Or, I'm just paranoid.

"Where did Captain America learn to steal a car?" Natasha asked, kicking her feet up on the dash. I chuckled lightly at her question, wondering myself how Steve knew how to steal a car. I had stolen two in my whole life and got caught for one of them when I was eight.

"Nazi Germany." Steve answered. Natasha hummed amused in replie. "And we're borrowing it. Take your feet off the dash." Steve added, all the while scolding Natasha. Nat slipped her feet off the dash but didn't look done with talking. I looked out the window momentarily, seeing the New Jersey sign before returning back to the conversation.

"All right, I have a question for you which you do not have to answer. I feel like, if you don't answer it thought, your kinda answering it, you know?" Natasha stated humorously. I laughed and kicked my feet up on the center console so I could stretch my legs.

"What?" Steve asked Natasha as he pushed my legs off the center console. Ugh, I am tired and my legs and feet hurt Steve!

"Was that your first kiss since 1945?" Natasha asked with a smirk. I thought he got in the ice in 1942 or 1943.

"That bad, huh?" Steve questioned.

"I didn't say that." Natasha laughed.

"Well, it kind of sounds like that's what you're saying." Steve said with a slight glare.

"No, I didn't. I just wondered how much practice you've had. Skylar's kissed a boy." Nat said referring to the time when I was twelve. I regret telling her so much right now. Natasha had came into my room at the Tower once and asked me how my day was along with a whole bunch of questions. Have I kissed anyone being one of them. She had promised she wouldn't say anything to anyone but I guess she must have forgotten her little promise.