4. Peter and Hero Time

Skylar P

Skylar P.O.V.

I wake up suddenly from a dream about a spider flying in the wind eating candy. That was weird. I sit up and look outside, the sun has barely even begun to rise.

I look over to my clock on my white bedside table and it blinks: 5:30 a.m.

Guess that's what I get for sleeping in so late yesterday.

I look around my room deciding to get ready for the day even though no one is probably up. I start to grab an outfit that I sorted out for today on my dresser when my eyes wonder over a couple inches away to a picture. The picture of me and Peter when we were only six. As cheesy as it sounds I start to have dull ache in my heart and my stomach starts to hurt. Is this what home sickness feels like? He's the only true home I've ever really had.

I look back over at the clock, it now blinks: 5:35 a.m. Well no one well be up to miss me, maybe I can visit Peter.

I quickly get dressed into my days outfit consisting of a new white Disney sweatshirt with Mickey and Minnie kissing, jean shorts, my new black converse, my usual spiral necklace, and of course, the hat I never leave without. I fix my brown wavy hair in the mirror by combing through it with my fingers. I put my baseball hat in my back pocket along with my new phone that was already set up for me - thanks Tony!

 I put my baseball hat in my back pocket along with my new phone that was already set up for me - thanks Tony!

I open my door. Shit! I forgot its super squeaky. I put my hand on the doorknob and swing it open super fast and it barely makes a sound. That was a close one. I decide not to close it because I don't want to risk waking any one up. I know I don't like to be waken up.

I walk down the hallway, my feet ninja like. I soundlessly make it to the kitchen. I open up a cabinet without a single squeak and grab a blueberry pop tart for the go. I unwrap it and throw the wrapper away. I look out the window at New York City, the sun has already started to rise and people are now getting to their busy schedules for the day. I walk silently over to the elevator and hit the button. The door opens with a ding and I hop in quickly tapping the lobby button. The elevator makes it's way down pretty fast and I step out as the doors open. The receptionist looks over at me and waves me over. I look around me and see if anyone is around us that she could be motioning to. But it's only me and her in the Lobby. So I walk over to her slowly hoping that she's not like some five year old tattle tell who's going to Tony I left.