17. Captain America

Skylar Stark's P

Skylar Stark's P.O.V.

"You can go wander around. I just have to go look at something." Steve said as we walked into the Smithsonian. There were planes hanging all over from the ceiling and I so badly wanted to start one up and ride it out of here. Steve looked over at my mischievous face and probably knew exactly what I was thinking. "On second thought, you're coming with me."

I grumbled but followed anyways. There were banners of "Captain America" guiding along a wall, probably leading to a museum about his life. Must be odd to have your story at the Smithsonian and still be alive to see it. We walked down into the hallway where there was memorabilia of Steve lining the walls. A picture was painted on the wall of a much bigger Steve in uniform.

"Hey, look it's you." I said pointing to a kid that was wearing a Captain America costume. He probably begged his parents for it at the gift shop. Steve smiled as he placed a baseball cap on his head so no one would notice him while I just wore my shades. The room was very patriotic. Blue, red, and white were stationed on every wall.

A symbol to the nation. A hero to the world. The story of Captain America is one of honor, bravery, and sacrifice.

I looked over to a late picture of pre-serum Steve. He weighed 95 pounds and was only 5'4". Wow I wasn't beating him in the weight or height department.

Why did Steve want to go down here? Wouldn't it just remind him of all his friends that were dead now?

Denied enlistment due to poor health, Steven Rogers was chosen for a program unique in the annals of American warfare.

"Your names Steven? I thought it was Steve this whole time!" I said in a whisper-shout. He looked at me bewildered and just shook his head. "I'm gonna start calling you Steven now."

"Please don't." Steven complained. I smirked widely. It was too late, his name will forever be Steven.

One that would transform him into the world's first Super-Soldier.

"Since when were they going to make more Super-Soldiers? No offense but I was hoping you would be the last." I whispered.

"No offense taken?" He responded looking confused at what the recording had said. I walked off a little in front of Steve to go look at the old uniforms the Howling Commandos wore. There were six and Steve was in the middle. I wondered if these were their actual uniforms or if they made them based off of before.

Battle tested, Captain America and his howling commandos quickly earned their stripes. Their mission: taking down HYDRA the Nazi rogue science division.

To bad they didn't take down Hydra.

I walked over to a glass column where a man named James Buchanan Barnes picture was and a few paragraphs of who he was. Someone placed a hand on my shoulder and I looked up to see Steve who wore a sad expression looking at James.