The One Part 37

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Anytime!" ,Taylor replied.

"Hey...where's Patricia?" ,Adam asked. "Is she okay?"

"Oh yeah." ,Taylor replied cheerfully "She's having a blast at Joe's, brother, Patrick's' apartment."

Patrick POV:

"Shh...go to sleep Patricia." , begged rocking her her in my arms. It was already past her bedtime and she hadn't stopped crying.

"Waaaah!" ,she screamed.

"Do you want the rattle?" ,I tried picking it up and shaking it.

"NO!" ,she cried grabbing it and throwing it on the floor.

I sighed, looking around for anything that might work. Then, I had an idea.

"how about we listen to your mom." ,I suggested pulling out my phone and playing 'Never Grow Up"

Her screaming slowly turned into hiccups and she was asleep by 'Long Live'

I was relieved as I slowly put her in the crib. I didn't know what I would've done if it wasn't for Taylor's music.

Taylor POV:

Back at the party more had arrived, all with date,s like HAIM, Ellie Goulding, Selena Gomez, Karlie Kloss, Ed Sheeran, and a bunch of other people.

"Great party." ,Cara said over the loud music.

"Thanks." ,I said looking around the room. I hadn't seen Joe since Adam and Emma had arrived and I was getting a little nervous.

"How's your daughter?" ,Cara asked.

"She's good. Tiring, but good." ,I said looking down at my drink.

Cara nodded she must not have heard what I said. I check the clock next to Selena, 11:25.

"Hey!" ,I shouted to Cara.

"Yeah?" ,she asked.

"You know where my TV remote is, right?"

"Uh-huh. Oh that shelf." ,she said motioning behind me.

"I need to find Joe, but if I"m not back in a few minutes can you turn on the news.

"Sure!' ,she responded as I moved towards the steps, I might have known where he was.

"Hey!" ,a voice said before I could go upstairs.

"Hey. What's up." ,I asked politely pulling my arm away. Where's Emma?"

"Had to leave, something with work." ,he shrugged.

"Sorry." ,I said. "So are you two a thing?"

"What?" ,he asked smiling. I knew it wasn't because he didn't hear me.

"Just small-talk." ,I laughed out of awkwardness

"Well to answer your question, no we aren't. She's a friend, I guess I wanted to impress you...because I knew you and Joe would be close and stuff."

"Oh." ,I blushed. Why was this happening. Was he drinking? I had minutes to fine Joe. This timing couldn't be worse.

"Sorry." ,he blushed. all of a sudden I felt like this was my fault. maybe this was the reason I left him, he would say something them immediately apologize and everything  would be put on me. It was always me!

"Okay. Can we talk about this another time. I have to find Joe." ,I told him and he nodded sitting down on the steps.

I didn't want to leave him, but I had to, I loved Joe and I didn't love him...anymore.

"Joe?!" ,I asked pounding on the door as I heard Cara turn on the TV. When he didn't answer I was getting a bit upset. "Joe, I'm coming in."

Slowly, I opened the odor seeing him facing away from me on the bed.

"Joe, I'm sorry I invited Adam." , I began sitting on the corner of the bed. There was no response. "I thought he was just a a friend. I guess i thought that was a good reason I didn't tell you. We just talked and apparently he...he only brought Emma to impress me, and I'm not going to talk to him for a very long time because of that. And I promise if I contact him again, I'll tel you first. But I love you, and only you, okay?"

There was still no response. "Just..." , I sighed. "Come down and enjoy the party. Be with me to show Adam wrong. Please."

Joe turned towards me and gently touching my hand. "Okay." ,he nodded. "Let's start the New Year right."

I nodded as we stood up. It was 11:59. Quickly, we rushed downstairs as the countdown began, people surrounded the TV.

"5...4...3...2...1...Happy New Year!" ,everyone shouted hugging and kissing.

"Happy New year." ,I said jumping into Joe's arms. But as Joe held me I saw Adam staring at me, with the same eyes Patricia gave me when Joe and I left her at Patricia.

"Happy New Years." ,he said as I lifted my head up trying to forget Adam and kissed.

"