c h a p t e r 20 | haze's birthday party

C H A P T E R  20 | HAZE'S BIRTHDAY PARTY

C H A P T E R 20 | HAZE'S BIRTHDAY PARTY

"Get up." My mom says smacking me with a pillow. "We have guests we don't wanna look like pigs."

"What?" I groaned slowly getting up.

"To make it clear I won't be saying anything to Mr Wilde about last night." She whispers closely to me. "I don't want you two doing any funny business with this agreement I know how teenagers can get."

"Mom." I said. It was way to early for this I couldn't even comprehend what she was talking about at first. "We're not doing anything."

"Good." She smiles. "Now go brush your teeth and fix you hair."

I rolled my eyes she loves making good impressions on people.

"Oh hey." Elaina says opening the bathroom door. "Good morning I guess."

"Good morning." I said. "Do you mind?"

She shakes her head. "Oops sorry." She nervously laughs walking out of the doorway down to my bedroom. I sighed smiling down at the floor when she disappeared from view, damn.

Once I finished up in the bathroom I walked downstairs to find my mothers warm welcoming breakfast. "No." She smacks my hand. "Wait for Elaina and Steven to grab food first."

"It's alright." I hear Elaina assure her. "My dad wants us to go get the rest of the boxes before we have another unexpected visit." She air quoted.

"Are you sure?" My mom asks. Elaina nods. "Haze why don't you go help them with that you can take my suv it's much bigger than your tiny hot wheels car."

Wow now she was disrespecting my car in front of them?

I give her a forced smile. "Of course mom."

"No need." Steven says. "We got all the help we need."

They both walk out without another word.

"Yeah he hates me." I sighed.

"Of course he does, we're parents."

I scoffed. "What does that have to do with it?"

"Imagine your little girl running off with a man as perverted as that sounds that's exactly how a father feels when someone enters their daughters life." She said.

"But Elaina and I are just friends."

"Mhm."