c h a p t e r 18 | have to leave

C H A P T E R  18 | HAVE TO LEAVE

This was it the moment we've been waiting for.

"Are you guys ready to begin?" The man asks us.

Everyone stared at us curiously to see if we'd fail or succeed. I didn't know what to expect from Greyson other than that deafening cry.

The woman from last time hands us the doll and there it began the test to see if we were fit to be parents. As soon as I grabbed him in my arms I began gently rocking him. "Your doing great." Haze said only trying to make me feel better. "This isn't working." I muttered.

"Just relax."

I tried my best, relaxing, but my senses were horribly disturbed by the crying it was like a little part of my brain was about to explode. I took a deep breath in and out.

It seemed so easily done it's like the room was in complete silence.

It was.

"Great job!" The man exclaims. "You passed."

"Elaina you did it!" Haze tells me.

"I-I did it!" I said. We were suddenly hugging and I felt Haze squeeze me a little tighter before he let go.

"Now give us the child it's time to say goodbye."

I look down at Greyson's little cross eyed face and we both smile down at him. "Bye little buddy."

Just like that Greyson was gone.

"What's the plan for tonight guys?" Quinn asks joining us at are lunch table.

"I can't hang out tonight." I said. "I have dinner plans with my dad."

Of course I was lying I lied about everything but if Vincent found out I chose them over him I don't know what he'd do. "Your skipping out?" Quinn exaggerates.

"Don't tell me your running off with nerd boy again?" Haze asked.

"No." I answered. "Me and my dad have plans."

"I hear he hates Haze." Quinn starts laughing which makes everyone start laughing.

"Hate is and understatement." I add.

"Quinn did you forget we had made plans to." Aspen tells him. Those two were currently dating but never actually make it to the dates instead they do the dirty in their car or a  bathroom. I guess that's just young love, on their part.

"Oh yeah." He grins. "We should catch up on that wanna skip the rest of the day?"

Aspen giggles. "I wouldn't mind."