c h a p t e r 15 | don't mind us

C H A P T E R  15 | DON'T MIND US

C H A P T E R 15 | DON'T MIND US

"Is this going to be and everyday thing now?" I asked narrowing my eyes at Haze who was smirking across the lunch table. "Isn't there some popular table you people usually sit it?"

Haze puts his hand over his heart. "You really know how to hit a guy where it hurts." He taunted.

I let out and exasperated sigh. "Don't provoke me."

"Are you guys going to that party tonight?" Aspen says changing the subject before it got any worse. "I hear it'll be the biggest one of the year."

Quinn scoffs rolling his eyes. "We all know Mr Haze Grey over here throws the best parties, every girl in the state will show up." Quinn says smacking Hazes back in accomplishment.

"Well he hasn't had a party this year has he?" Aspen hissed, I was surprised she talked back to Quinn.

"Don't worry sweetheart." Haze winks at Aspen who I can see blushing. "I'll throw my party and show these losers how it's really done."

"Attaboy." Quinn cheered him on.

Oh brother.

"So then we're all going tonight." Haze says smacking his hand on the table.

"No." I shook my head. I wasn't in the mood to party tonight. "I have some homework to catch up on." Like I ever cared about homework?

"Homework!?" Haze and Quinn start laughing. "Jaime cmon you have to say something about this?" Quinn adds.

Jaime has been very quiet and it was making me nervous. I felt like he was coming up with more scenarios for us to interact as a fake couple.

"It's her choice." Jaime tells them.

The bell rings and we all get up from are seats.

"Hey after school I gotta go help Janice with the baby, is it okay if Haze gives you a ride home?" Jaime tells me. Jaime had gotten his car back and since my bike was currently off limits he'd been taking me to and from school.

Instead of making a snarky remark I chose to keep it to myself and nodded my head. "Catch you later?"

After school I found Haze leaning against a wall as he probably sweet talked the girl in front of him. His eyes glance over at me and he quickly finishes the conversation.

"You ready to leave?" He says. "Your lucky I agreed to this."

I furrow my eyebrows. "You didn't have to give me a ride home." I remind him. "I could walk."