c h a p t e r 03 | the same fate

C H A P T E R  3 | THE SAME FATE

C H A P T E R 3 | THE SAME FATE

I wasn't looking forward for what this day has planned. Possible run ins with people I typically don't get along with was sorta not my thing. I stood in my bathroom the next morning scanning the bruises along side my ribs. I winced as I pulled my black tank top over my head and put on some ripped jeans.

My hair was naturally wavy and didn't look fairly bad so I left it that way. I curled my lashes and coated them with a thin layer of mascara. I added a little bit of chapstick to my lips and left the bathroom.

I grab my favorite leather jacket and put it on after leaving my room and walking downstairs. My dads sipping some coffee as he looks down at today's newspaper.

"Morning." I said pouring myself some coffee.

He doesn't say anything and I can tell he's mad about me leaving yesterday. "Dad. I'm sorry."

"No." He cuts me off. "I told you to stop this nonsense already Elaina—you still continue to do it ."

I open my mouth to speak but he raises his hand up and shakes his head. "Look where it got you last time."

I couldn't look him in the eyes after he said that. "Okay I won't fight anymore I promise."

The ride to school was intense. The silence between us was unbearable. I hated fighting with my dad. He pulls up to my school and parks the car, I don't say anything to him and instead get out of the car without a word. I walk to the entrance and somehow I got the feeling something was off.

People in the hallways seemed to be ignoring me which was good but unusual. Everyone always attacked the new girl for a while? Wasn't that a thing? The never escaping sound of heels coming my way catch my attention causing me to turn around to see a blonde girl with a devilish grin on her face.

"Hi. So new girl what's your deal?" She chuckles beginning to circle around me. I was suffocating from her sweet perfume scent. "You show up to Riverson in a leather jacket and then rumors float around saying you ran into Haze, harass him and start a food fight? How childish?"

"Haze actually started the food fight." I clarified which made her look a lot angrier. I laughed at her seeing she was the definition of stupid, her fried blonde hair was neatly straightened and her makeup was caked all over her face. Her lashes were to dramatic and her bright pink lipstick was crusty.

"Your laughing at me now?"

I nodded stepping forward which made her step back a little. "I'm laughing because your the epitome of the popular girl. If you've ever read a book, you get the bad ending." I wink at her before turning back around.

"Wait!" She calls out. I sigh and turn to face her once again. "How would you like to join the cheer squad? You seem like Riverson material."

I smirk at the blonde who seems eager about me joining. "No thanks."