Chapter 6 // move

quote of the day- be thankful for what you are now, and keep fighting for what you want to be tomorrow

-

It was 4 o'clock in the morning and I had to be at the airport by 5:30 I got in the shower, I grabbed everything that I didn't pack yesterday putting it in my suitcase, I got changed a ivy parks long sleeve black and white cropped shirt with a pair of back high waisted shorts and my black high top converse. I packed my laptop phone, the chargers and my notebook in my back pack and ran downstairs. i got an uber to the airport getting there at 5 o'clock. We got on the plane at 6 and I took my seat which was right next to the window, no one sat next to me so it was alright. I texted Daniel just so he remembered to pick me up from the airport when I landed.

xx

I walk into the airport and towards the baggage claim, I held my small note book in my left hand with and my phone in my right. I got to the baggage claim waiting for my luggage when I heard a very familiar voice behind me, I turn around to see Daniel, I run up to him and hug him. "Hey Chloe, I missed you" I pulled opened my note book to a page that already had the words 'I miss you too' written on it, "lets get your luggage and head home" Daniel tells me. I nod my head and wait for my bags, finally all three of them came and we left the airport. We waked out to the carpark where a large SUV was sitting. Daniel opened the trunk helping me with my bags and then walking to the driver seat, i walked to the passenger seat and got in the car. "you excited to meet the boys" Daniel asked me. I nodded my head, and we just listened to music in a comfortable silence for the car ride.

xx

We got to the house and me and Daniel jump out of the car, I walked to the trunk and pulled out one of my suitcases whilst Daniel grabbed two. We walked to the front door and I just stood there admiring the beautiful house in front of me, Daniel opened the door revealing 4 boys sitting on the couch planning fortnite. All there heads shot up when we opened the door and they all got off the couch and ran to us. "boys this is my little sister Chloe" Daniel tells them. I give them a soft smile and they each introduce themselves. "I'm Corbyn" the boy with bleach blonde hair says, "Jack" the one with curly hair speaks up "Zach" the one with red cheeks says, "and I'm Jonah" the one that's obviously the oldest says. I just smile at them all. They look at each other confused and I just stand there awkwardly "oh shit, I forgot to mention that Chloe's mute, she doesn't talk" Daniel says breaking the extremely awkward silence. "I'll show you to your room" Jack says walking towards me, I give him a thankful smile and he walks to the stairs, with me closely on his tail, he stops at a room door and slowly opens it, "Ok so there isn't much in here yet but it's the best we could do in a day" he says with a slight laugh. I pull out my note book and open it to the clearest page writing the words 'thank you' on it before handing it to him so he can read it. "no problem, I'll be back with your bags" he tells me before stepping out of my room and walking to the stairs. A few seconds later Daniel and Jack walk up with my bags placing them on the floor next to my closet door, I set them both a thankful smile and Jack walked out of the room, Daniel walked towards the door and closed it, then walking over to me and sitting next to me. I was looking down at the ground and didn't even notice he was there "Chloe" Daniel says catching my attention, I looked up at him. "What happened whilst I was gone, I swear it was only like 2 weeks" he asks me. I grab my note book from beside me writing everything that happened between me and Loren, struggling to hold my tears back a few dropped on the page I was writing on smudging some words but still readable. Daniel read the paragraph sitting in front of him and pulled me into a hug. "I'm sorry Chlo I know you guys were close" he says not letting go of me. We just sat there like that until someone walked into the room. We slowly pulled away from each other "oh shit I'm sor-" Jack says starting to close the door again, "What's up Jack" Daniel asks before he closed the door fully. "just wanted to ask if you wanted to go for a swim" he asked leaning against the door frame. I shock my head no because I was really tired and also I needed to unpack. Daniel and Jack left my room and I just laid on my bed slowly drifting to sleep. 

-

872 words

authors note

I really want food but at the same time I'm not hungry I don't understand 

25th February 2018