Sixteen

« 16...LANDING »
~~~•~~~

~~~•~~~Magnus was stood by the top of the stairs, re-enforcing the Institutes wards after the attack

~~~•~~~
Magnus was stood by the top of the stairs, re-enforcing the Institutes wards after the attack.

Alec and Robert Lightwood stood by his side as they discussed something in hushed tones. Talia sat on the other side of the room, typing away on the tablet in her hands before swivelling round on her chair to check one of the monitors.

Alec was tugging up the bandage around his bicep when she spotted him, looking away from the tasks Izzy had set her. He looked weary and distracted by something as he turned to meet her gaze. It only lasted a few seconds before his electric blue eyes retreated from hers. His figure soon followed, up and out of the room as she began to stand up, wanting to ask him how he was feeling.

She sighed in defeat slumping back down onto her seat. He hadn't been the same around her since they had talked back when she had given him the autopsy files, he'd been more distant and a lot more quieter than usual. It felt as though they were taking a step back in their relationship which confused the brunette as she hadn't realised that she had done anything wrong.

Izzy had noticed the change too as she smiled forlornly at her tall friend before her attention was redirected to the visitors that walked into the centre of the Institute, "Meliorn?"

She rose from her seat and stride over to the Seelie as Talia watched from her seat in interest, knowing that whatever reason he was here, it wasn't for anything good, "What are you doing here?"

"The Clave called me in for some kind of conference," His voice was breezy and relaxed as two Shadowhunters followed slowly behind him.

A small smile rose on Isabelle's face as she embraced him, "I'm so happy to see you."

"Spare me," Meliorn's voice darkened, surprising Talia as she rose from her seat, approaching the pair slowly, "Your fire message clearly stated you never wanted to see me again."

Talia stopped where she stood and began to look around the room aimlessly as she decided that maybe it wasn't best to listen into the conversation that had soon turned into a lovers quarrel. That was until a certain blonde Clave envoy decided to make her appearance.

"Isabelle, please step aside," She sighed, as though Izzy's presence was a disturbance to her, "Meliorn, the Clave has ordered that you be placed under arrest."

"What?"

"What for?"

Izzy and Meliorn answered at the same time. Talia furrowed her eyebrows as she walked over to join the party.

"Soliciting state secrets from a Shadowhunter on behalf of Valentine Morgenstern, guards."

The Shadowhunters that had appeared from behind Lydia took Meliorn's arms and pulled him away as Isabelle turned on the woman, "Have you lost your mind?"