Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

I don't know for how long I have been trapped here...I seems like a couple of days. My head aches but my entire body feels numb. I can hear when Jaspar comes in to "check-up" on me little did he know I was slowly becoming weaker because of him. Even if his touch makes my wolf feel better it is not fulling healing the poison in my veins. I don't know if Jaspar knows he is slowly killing me. I hope that when I wake up this nightmare of a life will be over. I can't take it anymore. There is so much...I try to open my eyes my body anxious to see something other than black but it is no use. Even though I can feel someone else's presence I don't know who they are. I can't believe Jaspar got tangled up in this, I hope he pays no matter how much it will hurt my wolf. I try to move again hoping the other person in the room is not a vampire because that would mean Victor would be near.

***

Adeline watched the rain drops slowly glide down the windows as Josh drives them to the city. "You sure we can trust a witch?" Josh asks snapping Adeline back to reality "Yes, she might even know who the witch that poisoned Morgan is" Adeline says as they enter the darker part of the city. "You can stay in the car if you are scared" She says smirking at him "You need me just in case things get violent" He says making her roll her eyes.

They walk inside a small shop full of herbs and enchanted stones. "Vivien Grace" Adeline calls out as Josh walks around the store eyeing everything. "Adeline?" A young women around the age of Morgan comes down from the stairs. Her long black hair pulled up in a high pony-tail making her eyes more cat eyed. "What happened?" She immediately says sensing something was wrong from the look of Adeline's face. "A lot has happened in the last couple of days" Josh says "Follow me" Vivien Grace says before snapping her fingers locking the front door "No interruptions" She says as they make their way to a dim room filled with candles of all shapes and sizes each one a different color. "We are hoping you can reverse a spell" Adeline says hoping the past two days trying to find her are going to be at good use. "What kind of spell" Vivien Grace asks pouring them tea "An unknown witch made a potion that poisoned both my cousin Cain and his mate Morgan...they are dying because they are not together" Adeline takes a sip of the tea hoping it will calm her down "Who is involve I'm sure it was someone from inside the castle" Vivien Grace asks crossing her arms across her chest. "My cousin Jaspar is involved but we don't know who the witch is, all I know is that they are working with vampires." Vivien Grace's eyes quickly look at Adeline's "Rose" She mutters making her hands into fists "She betrayed her coven thinking she was going to obtain more power" Vivian Grace says shaking her head "Instead she became their lap dog doing as told" Adeline looks at her "Can we reverse this?" Vivian Grace opens the black book in front of her "Of course we just need a few things"

***

I wake up on the cold ground. The moon above me shining down on me "I'm free" I mumble feeling the grass against my exposed skin. I walk around the dark forest something feeling off about it. The forest does not look real, I touch the trees which have shadowy whiteness around them. "Morgan. Morgan" I look around the forest until I spot two red eyes "Morgan. Morgan" it whispers. Its voice echoing throughout the forest "Morgan. Morgan" I hear a branch crack and that is when my instincts kick in and I begin to run hearing whatever running behind me too.

***

"We can't go back to the castle until we have a plan" Josh says looking back at me "We can't just run away Josh" I tell him thinking about all the places in the castle Morgan can be. "It's not running away it's called being prepared" He states driving to the nearest motel "Lets rest for now but we leave tomorrow morning. Vivian Grace is coming with us" I say hoping she finds the right ingredients for the spell. "Two bed or one" Josh asks raising a suggestive brow "Two you idiot" I say shoving him "Adeline" Josh says holding my hand which begins to tingle "Seriously" I say looking up "Awe c'mon shorty you know you wanted a piece of me since we meet" Josh says pulling me closer to him "Shut up" I mumble trying to resist my smile "So does that mean one?" I smack his arm walking ahead of him.

After arguing about the bed situation we both lay comfortably on the bed forgetting for a couple seconds about what was going on in the castle. "Here's the plan" I start to say "I will pretend to be on Jaspar's side so he won't suspect us" Josh holds my hand tightly "Shorty I just found you I can't lose you" I kiss his hand reassuring him "You won't. Promise." We both relax a bit dreading for tomorrow to come because that would mean this feeling will be over.